bands like lamb of god

I don't think he's a kid, first of all.

Second of all, other than Killswitch, those are all pretty good bands. Granted, Mudvayne isn't metal, but L.D. 50 and the second album (can't recall the name) are high quality hard rock albums.

edit: The End of All Things to Come!!! That's the name of that album... I had to look through my CD case... yeah... I own it... and L.D. 50... and that crappy 3rd release (I thought it would be good from Happy, and there was only 2 more good songs on there).

Let's see, he likes Pantera, Lamb of God, Metallica, Slayer... his taste is at least as good as half the guys on here. Kvlt is hit or miss, but the classics never die.

I've never heard an album that sounds more Lamb Of God influenced than The Agony Scene's "Get Damned". Seriously, try this one immediately, I don't see how any LOG fan would not like this disc.

Burning Priest. If you don't know who they are (though, I assume you do), they are Lamb of God before they were actually called Lamb of God. Not a fan of them, but it's better than Lamb of God if you ask me.

He probably didn't mean that, he's usually not an asshole. Usually everyone on here will be quick to talk poo about LoG, for some stupid reason everyone loves to hate them. I personally think it's just because they're popular.
That argument is so fucking bullshit, explain then why everyone loves Maiden, Priest, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Blind Guardian, Black Sabbath, etc?

IMO it has more to do with the fact that most people here accually thinks LoG sucks.

Those bands are generally regarded as significant in metal's history and are usually respected as such.

However, if you look at more modern popular metal bands there is generally a love-hate sentiment. It's no secret that a lot of people dislike popular metal bands like Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Opeth, In Flames, Arch Enemy etc.

That's because most people like that (me included) doesn't like the typical "modern" (for a lack of better word right now) sound, it's not like those people go around a praise every underground act that sounds like CoB or In Flames either? So it is pretty consistent imo.

That's because most people like that (me included) doesn't like the typical "modern" (for a lack of better word right now) sound, it's not like those people go around a praise every underground act that sounds like CoB or In Flames either? So it is pretty consistent imo.

By modern I was trying to refer to recent 90's-based bands - not necessarily the “modern” sound of them, otherwise that may imply that many fans who dislike LOG also dislike a good portion of all metal bands in recent times. These bands aren’t any more modern in sound from any of the other bands playing within the same basic metal genres. Most of the people who dislike bands like Lamb of God, are teenagers who have nothing better to do than criticize bands that don’t personally appeal to them. I’m sure if you were to lookup any metal forum you’d get a lot of hatred towards LOG, including unjustified hatred towards the band members themselves. The hatred to these current bands is reflected largely because of the freedom on the internet, and because these bands a part of the people's time period as a metal listener. I'm sure 20-30 years from now, next generations of fans won't be as eager to hate on this band.

Metal is generally a genre accepted by fans as anti-mainstream. Most popular bands are held to the illusion that the music is more incredibly accessible and appealing to people who audiences who consist of casual/noob fans. This may or may not be true, but this perception is aided due to the band’s popularity anyhow so any popular band will be seen as accessible regardless of it’s accuracy. And face it, these casual/noob fans generally aren’t welcomed with open arms by metal fans. Not to mention, popular bands are often hailed by these fans or by metal magazines as the “best” of the genre to which people who dislike them will react in a way as to view them as completely overrated, or terrible because they aren't what the viewer considers to be among the best.

Also, the band often is regarded falsely as metalcore, or perhaps they have a bit of influence in their music but that entire genre is one that will always be pissed on by metal fans. I don’t mind LOG but I wouldn’t say I’m a real fan and I certainly don’t care for anything metalcore related, but to have references to the metalcore genre will ALWAYS produce hated towards any of those bands in the most unjustified manner.

I could keep ranting on but meh. Basically popular metal bands are disliked largely due to the common perception of popularity and the related, their fanbase and the fans they attract, the amount attention and publicity they get and generally all that conflicts with what a typical metal fan considers to be ideal for the genre.

That's what happens when you come here. We will soon have you listening exclusively to bands you've never heard of.

I don't think he's a kid, first of all.

Second of all, other than Killswitch, those are all pretty good bands. Granted, Mudvayne isn't metal, but L.D. 50 and the second album (can't recall the name) are high quality hard rock albums.

edit: The End of All Things to Come!!! That's the name of that album... I had to look through my CD case... yeah... I own it... and L.D. 50... and that crappy 3rd release (I thought it would be good from Happy, and there was only 2 more good songs on there).

yeah im 30. as for killswitch i really only like the first cd not the ep..i forget what its called. i dont really like the stuff with the new singer. as for mudvayne i agree with you (except for saying they arent metal.). like i said before im out of the loop so those were bands that ive been exposed to that catch my ear.

ps. the devil driver cd is sounding fucking awesome right now. i forgot all about them. i liked about 2 coal chambers songs a few years back but never an entire cd. this shit is consistant.

everyone loves Maiden, Priest, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Blind Guardian, Black Sabbath, etc?

IMO it has more to do with the fact that most people here accually thinks LoG sucks.

*raises hand*
Hold up, I hate the fuck out Priest, Maiden ,and Blind Gaurdian. I'll take Lamb Of God over those three any day.