bands like lamb of god

Is it really THAT incomprehensible that someone doesn't like those bands? Those bands all have one thing in common: the CHEESE factor is literally off the charts. If I want music to make me laugh, I'll listen to GWAR.

As always, SUAD is right about Priest and Maiden....

Anyway, to the thread starter, if you want another rec, I highly reccomend the Wolverine Blues album by Entombed. Their "death n roll" stuff sounds a lot more like Pantera than 90% of bands that get called
"groove metal."

Is it really THAT incomprehensible that someone doesn't like those bands? Those bands all have one thing in common: the CHEESE factor is literally off the charts. If I want music to make me laugh, I'll listen to GWAR.

Cheesiness?
Priest is all about rockin'. It's real, down-to-earth music about what they do every Friday night. Maiden is all taken from history or movies. Maiden and Priest's lyrics formed the foundation for the lyrics of countless other bands. Don't knock it.

Lamb of God?
For Your Malice said:
This must be your pleasure
This your swan song I'll sing for you.
I'll cut the words from your mouth
You'll never speak my name again.
Locked up and sold the fuck out
Don't think you won't see me again.
It'll come back three times
Once in the name of deceit
Twice for your malice
Three times when I take you away.
This is a homicide daydream
I won't waste my hate on you.
All that you've claimed not to be
Has now come to define you.
I just picked a song at random, and what do you know? Ridiculous bullshit. So don't compare Maiden and Priest to LoG.

Cheesiness?
Priest is all about rockin'. It's real, down-to-earth music about what they do every Friday night. Maiden is all taken from history or movies. Maiden and Priest's lyrics formed the foundation for the lyrics of countless other bands. Don't knock it.

Lamb of God?

I just picked a song at random, and what do you know? Ridiculous bullshit. So don't compare Maiden and Priest to LoG.

God DAMN how did you draw that conclusion? Please, don't make me draw up some Maiden or Priest lyrics to compare THAT to. Those two bands are so GROTESQUELY inferior that it hurts me. I'll compare them ALL FUCKING DAY LONG, because Maiden and Priest SUCK. I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE fucking femininely queer vocals, dude, and I know a lot of people here don't agree (and that's cool) but Randy Blythe could out-write Bruce Dickenson any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

error! error! failure too epic for comprehension. terminal system failure.

To be honest, I'm not that big of a fan of Maiden/Priest either. I like a couple songs here or there, but that's it.

At least with LoG, they've put out some consistent stuff. Sacrament is an awesome album.

God DAMN how did you draw that conclusion? Please, don't make me draw up some Maiden or Priest lyrics to compare THAT to. Those two bands are so GROTESQUELY inferior that it hurts me. I'll compare them ALL FUCKING DAY LONG, because Maiden and Priest SUCK. I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE fucking femininely queer vocals, dude, and I know a lot of people here don't agree (and that's cool) but Randy Blythe could out-write Bruce Dickenson any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Convince me you're not an insecure 14-year-old.

Lets compare LoG lyrics to Iron Maiden lyrics!

" So goddamn easy to write this,
You make it spill on the page.
So drunk on yourself, self-righteous,
The laughing stock of your own fucking sage."

"
More pain and misery in the history of mankind
Sometimes it seems more like the blind leading the blind
It brings upon us more of famine death and war
You know religion has a lot to answer for"

"

*Shrug* surely one could just read God is not Great if something worth reading is what they're after, rather than just fuckin music.

in any case, slavic/scandinavian/finnish vox > english vox.

Convince me you're not an insecure 14-year-old.

I'm 30 years old, fairly sure I could outwork you in the gym, and/or the ring. I have a wife, 2 children, and I pay a mortgage, faggot. Just because someone does not AGREE with you, does not mean you have the right to assume they're younger than you, idiot. Grow up yourself and get a goddamned brain, fool.

FUCK YOU. You want to present some personal shit, than go ahead and display you repertoire, asshole. I've been listening to metal for 20+ fucking years, and I don't kiss the ass of the "standard" trendy shit fucking metal bands of the 80's (most of the younger dudes who worship that shit won't understand what I mean). Go get fucked with your bullshit, or go ahead and prove I am inferior to you, shithead.

"

Because it's sooo fruitful comparing lyrics. It's not like they're the most negligable part of a song or anything.

I'm 30 years old, fairly sure I could outwork you in the gym, and/or the ring. I have a wife, 2 children, and I pay a mortgage, faggot. Just because someone does not AGREE with you, does not mean you have the right to assume they're younger than you, idiot. Grow up yourself and get a goddamned brain, fool.

FUCK YOU. You want to present some personal shit, than go ahead and display you repertoire, asshole. I've been listening to metal for 20+ fucking years, and I don't kiss the ass of the "standard" trendy shit fucking metal bands of the 80's (most of the younger dudes who worship that shit won't understand what I mean). Go get fucked with your bullshit, or go ahead and prove I am inferior to you, shithead.
I love you

I love LoG, and dislike Maiden and Priest. I wouldn't disrespect them that way, though. They made good music, apparently... it just doesn't fit my tastes.
How popular a band is in no way affects my opinion on them. My best quality in music taste tbh.