new CD's!!!! anyone else???

I just finished up watching the double DVD set of Nuclear Blast 20th Anniversary. Really nice but the documentary was kind of half assed done.
Basically it was a 25 minute how the label started which was cool. I had no clue that Impulse Manslaughter were one of the first bands signed. The part that I didnt like was that they could have made a great little doc here but basically just rattled off all the bands that made the charts and who got gold albums. I would have liked to see interviews with some of the bands about being signed, or problems that they have had, or just all the behind the scenes stuff. It was really cool on this other feature, they went to Nuclear Blast Germany, USA and Brazil and toured the facilties and showed in Brazil how they make the art work for albums and press releases. One other disc is full of videos. Some great...some just terrible. Since I collect music videos...and with the popularity of YouTube..I have seen most of these already but nice to be able to sit on the couch and watch them.

over all a great thing to pick up if you see it. Oh yeah....it is PAL only for the time being...so if you dont have a PAL player. dont bother.

with it being cold outside....CD shopping online....

ordered these today...

AQUARIA - SHAMBALA
TIMELESS MIRACLE - INTO THE ENCHANTED CHAMBER
EMERALD SUN - ESCAPE FROM TWILIGHT
ODYSSEA - TEARS IN FLOODS
THRUDVANGAR - Walhall
NOMANS LAND - Hammerfrost
SPELLBLAST - Horns Of Silence
TURISAS - The Varagian Way CD/DVD combo (already have the regular version....I want that DVD and 3 bonus tracks)

these just arrived..cant wait to listen to them.

EMERALD SUN - ESCAPE FROM TWILIGHT
ODYSSEA - TEARS IN FLOODS
THRUDVANGAR - Walhall
NOMANS LAND - Hammerfrost
SPELLBLAST - Horns Of Silence
TURISAS - The Varagian Way CD/DVD combo (already have the regular version....I want that DVD and 3 bonus tracks)

At first view, the video quality is quite raw, as is the audio, though the audio is better than the video.

Also, the camera is on Dave Chandler about 45% of the time, on Wino 50% of the time. Guess what that leaves for the others. :rolleyes:

Also, though there aren't many shots of the crowd, it seems like a good 150 or more. Not as sparse as we thought I guess.

Wino = SEXY! We knew he would be in the majority of the shots.

I read a show review a while back, and if I recall, that gig was around 4th of July and it was beastly hot. Heard the gig was not too well attended.

Let me know what you think about this CD. It was a blind buy for me at a Progpower and the first time I listened to it, I didn't think all that much of it. But I put it in again a little while after and it just clicked. I really like this CD and anxioulsly await some new stuff form this band.

Let me know what you think about this CD. It was a blind buy for me at a Progpower and the first time I listened to it, I didn't think all that much of it. But I put it in again a little while after and it just clicked. I really like this CD and anxioulsly await some new stuff form this band.

I put it on last night and at first I was like...this is kind of weak but then it clicked and it is a fantastic disc and I am made that no one else is talking about this band.

I highly recommend Spellblast. Great high power folk power metal....like Elvenking...even the singer for Elvenking has a few cameos in some of the songs.

got back from Haven....

picked up these today.....

NIGHTMARE - Genetic Disorder - great power metal. Not your Helloween
type clone. Very heavy. Kinda like Grave Digger. The last disc was amazing. I am expecting more of the same.

HEIMDALL - The Temple of Theil - I like generic power metal. so what. better than mallcore.

ZONATA - Tunes of Steel - I even like used cheap power metal better.

OBTEST - Is Kartos I Karta - nice dark metal.

BARBARIAN WARRIORS IN SEARCH OF WISDOM - PaganHeart - black metal with folk overtones.

HEIMDALL - Hard As Iron - more of the same.