New CD's that you have gotten recently

My feeble brain could barely even process the merch area at MDF. I didn't even know where to begin, SO...MUCH...STUFF!. That, coupled with early disappointment about MDB not having shirts in my size, led me to shrug and just walk over to the band area instead. I spent less than 100 total in stuff, not a usual occurrence for me. Usually, it's the "festival mood" that gets me to joyfully empty my wallet on hauls that far outpace anything I'd dream about getting from a regular store visit.

I am just giving you crap..........

Though wow.

Serious question.....
You basically bought over 30 non-rare CDs.....

Were the prices really good, or was it just a matter of buying as "part of the festival mood"????

I couldn't imagine picking up THAT many CDs in one shot.

It's a combination. Around half of these honestly I have digitally but not the physical version, so it's not like I have a ton of listening to do from these. And the majority of these I was planning on getting beforehand. Hell, Hells Headbangers I preordered and just picked it up there. Season of Mist I did find some of these for $5 and one for even $2, so it was hard to pass up. Haha.

I'm actually surprised I didn't get more, but the one vendor I thought I would get lost in, CM Distro, had piss poor selection unlike Progpower. At MDF they mostly only had death and black with a few thrash, and even at that not many actual varieties of bands.

My feeble brain could barely even process the merch area at MDF. I didn't even know where to begin, SO...MUCH...STUFF!. That, coupled with early disappointment about MDB not having shirts in my size, led me to shrug and just walk over to the band area instead. I spent less than 100 total in stuff, not a usual occurrence for me. Usually, it's the "festival mood" that gets me to joyfully empty my wallet on hauls that far outpace anything I'd dream about getting from a regular store visit.

When did you try to get a MDB shirt? I heard they brought a very low number of shirts.

As for me I'm the opposite. What had me buying more was due to me being utterly bored early in the days on Saturday and Sunday. Had I arrived later or had more bands earlier on I cared about (like Friday) I probably wouldn't have spent as much.

I went straight for the MDF booth which had the MDB shirts when I walked in just after 1pm on Sunday. I was told they didn't have any mediums at all, just large and up. Around 2:30 I was thinking "maybe I can get a large and shrink it in the laundry". So I went back and asked for a Large...and they were sold out. D'oh! is me.

And yeah, the CM booth was weird. I didn't understand their thinking. Tons and tons of copies of the same handful of albums?

Deepsend had some stuff I wanted, but I held off.

I went straight for the MDF booth which had the MDB shirts when I walked in just after 1pm on Sunday. I was told they didn't have any mediums at all, just large and up. Around 2:30 I was thinking "maybe I can get a large and shrink it in the laundry". So I went back and asked for a Large...and they were sold out. D'oh! is me.

And yeah, the CM booth was weird. I didn't understand their thinking. Tons and tons of copies of the same handful of albums?

Deepsend had some stuff I wanted, but I held off.

When the doors opened, there was a huge rush for people to get MDB shirts and sign up for the meet and greet. I don't think there was much left after that.

I know. Just say what you want about me, but I'm not usually a cheap ass. Usually has more to do with responsibilities/priorities if I don't go to shows, particularly $8 shows. Haha.

No need to explain dude..
Honestly, if I was going to MDF the following week I would most likely have passed on a local show as well.

When I first discovered that Septic Flesh had made good music at one point, I went out to buy their debut album and I hated the reissue artwork so much that I just said "fuck it" and downloaded that shit.

Seriously? I've never let bad artwork get in the way of a cd. Added bonus yes but yeah...