New CD's that you have gotten recently

Just spun it two times!!
The scratch does NOT impact play. Major score.
A couple pops here and there and minor surface noise.
Just needs a good cleaning.

The cover is G- at best.
Major crease in upper left corner.
The spine has many little tears making the artist and album title unreadable.

No rips to the front or back cover though, which I guess is most important.

Still a great find!! Very Excited.

Only $10!!!!!!!!!!

I foresee this being on your trade list in a few months.

WTF you talking about??
This is Jason, not Pat.....

Give me examples of things I have purchased just for the purpose of sale or trade???????

Only thing I can even think of in recent times would be that Cloven Hoof CD, but that became part of a large epic trade...

WTF you talking about??

Give me examples of things I have purchased just for the purpose of sale or trade???????

Only thing I can even think of in recent times would be that Cloven Hoof CD, but that became part of a large epic trade...

you are the king of "trade bait" though...you have said it yourself many times over the past few years.

WTF you talking about??

Omg it is so easy to amp you up and I wasn't even trying that hard.

Oh yeah, I have gotten stuff knowing it might be good for trade bait.....

I guess I read Simon's post to read as if I buy simply anything metal and then get rid of it weeks later.

Mendyke - Yeah, you got me on those demos. The majority of the ones are for me. I did pick up a couple that I knew would appeal to others

Funny thing is, only a couple years ago $10 would have been a lot for that record in that condition. The price for that one has shot through the roof. Congrats.

Funny thing is, only a couple years ago $10 would have been a lot for that record in that condition. The price for that one has shot through the roof. Congrats.

Yeah, everything has gotten out of hand.
I was at a record store last year in Nashville that had a VG+ copy of Omen's "Battle Cry" gatefold for $40.
At first I was like, "WTF!!!! $40 for that? No way!!!"
Then I looked it up later on eBay, and was like, "Holy smokes!! It DOES go for that much these days"

I know I will catch some crap from most around here, but I don't care.
This is heavy and makes me groove!

Crowbar - Symmetry in Black

I've always been a fan of Kirk's guitar playing. I get shit for liking Down, but he was one of the main reasons why. I like Crowbar too. I need to pick this up as I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I've always been a fan of Kirk's guitar playing. I get shit for liking Down, but he was one of the main reasons why. I like Crowbar too. I need to pick this up as I've heard nothing but good things about it.

The CROWBAR is on sale for $7.99 at Best Buy.

I am warming up to DOWN a little lately.
I remember really liking the tune "On March the Saints" when that came out a while back. I YouTube'd their last EP.

If every DOWN song sounded like this I would be a big fan:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm trying to convert to digital downloads - as much as I love collecting CD's, I just don't have the space for much more in my house and I don't want to spend money on additional towers. I buy them, look at the booklet once and it sits on a shelf for years, since I do all of my listening via iTunes or on my smartphone. I rarely take an original cd in the car, and the ones I leave in the car are CDR's.

The Agonist - Prisoners
Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
Epica - The Quantum Enigma
Devil You Know - The Beauty of Destruction
Sabaton - Heroes

The CROWBAR is on sale for $7.99 at Best Buy.

I am warming up to DOWN a little lately.
I remember really liking the tune "On March the Saints" when that came out a while back. I YouTube'd their last EP.

If every DOWN song sounded like this I would be a big fan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoQgDNR0qSw

Very tempted to get that one.

Down's last full length and the ep before the recent one (haven't listened to the new one) is like that. Hell, the first ep they did is essentially a doom ep. Very different from their earlier material.

So I'm trying to convert to digital downloads - as much as I love collecting CD's, I just don't have the space for much more in my house and I don't want to spend money on additional towers. I buy them, look at the booklet once and it sits on a shelf for years, since I do all of my listening via iTunes or on my smartphone. I rarely take an original cd in the car, and the ones I leave in the car are CDR's.

The Agonist - Prisoners
Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich
Epica - The Quantum Enigma
Devil You Know - The Beauty of Destruction
Sabaton - Heroes

Nooooo dont convert! I dont take my cds in the car either because i fear they will be scratched because im old car used to do that. But i tried on my new one and i havent noticed anything. I take my ipod in the car and when i work out, thats it.

When im at home i always play my cds, vinyls, or tapes.