new CD's.......

It's interesting with Iced Earth because both are good vocalists, but it's hard listening to either one doing the other's songs. While I never saw Ripper in concert I imagine I'll probably not care for his performances of Barlow's songs as much as when Barlow sings them. Same goes with Barlow though. When I saw Iced Earth with him and he did "Ten Thousand Strong" I couldn't stand it.

I thought Ripper did a good job fronting IE live, and you know how critical I am.

The problem with IE now is that they had a couple clunkers in a row, where I think less people will be able to tolerate Barlow-less IE again a second time, esp considering his replacement. Nothing against the Into Eternity guy, but I don't think its going to help their cause much.

As much as I love IE (They are one of the bands that peaked my interest in metal again to begin with), I am not really excited about them anymore.

As much as I love IE (They are one of the bands that peaked my interest in metal again to begin with), I am not really excited about them anymore.

I pretty much have no interest in the post-Glorious Burden IE albums (though that album itself still slays, IMO, Ripper kills on it and I love the subject matter)... However, the new live DVD thingy that is coming out (see link below) -- Festivals of the Wicked? I am all over that.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159048

I thought Ripper did a good job fronting IE live, and you know how critical I am.

The problem with IE now is that they had a couple clunkers in a row, where I think less people will be able to tolerate Barlow-less IE again a second time, esp considering his replacement. Nothing against the Into Eternity guy, but I don't think its going to help their cause much.

Agreed. Their last couple were not all that great outside of a song or two off each album and even those weren't the best of their career. I don't think the IE guy is a good fit. If I end up liking it, good but I'm not holding my breath. Now, the Festival of the Wicked stuff? That I am interested in, especially since one of the shows is a Ripper-fronted show as I'm intrigued as to how he does those older songs.

When I saw them @ the Metro for Glorious Burden, the highlight of the night was them doing the Wicked Trilogy. Ripper was great.

Really? I think the highlight of that 2004 tour was seeing them play the Gettysburg trilogy.

That was my first time seeing Iced Earth, and watching them play my all-time favorite 30 minutes of music was incredible.

Yeah, that was 2004, with Bodom and Evergrey.

Something Wicked This Way Comes to me will always be their Number of the Beast or Sad Wings of Destiny.

Gettysburg was cool too, but I was not expecting them to do the Wicked Trilogy with Ripper.

The REAL highlight was Ripper's Shadow boxing!!!

Thanks to the merch booths at Days of the Doomed fest, I got the following:

Argus - S/T
Argus - Boldly Stride The Doomed
Sinister Realm - S/T
Sinister Realm - The Crystal Eye
Sanctus Bellum - Return to Dust
Orodruin - Epicurean Mass

Biggest CD purchase I have made in many, many years.

how was the vendor area?

Pretty good, actually. Every band had a merch table, and in addition to that there was a Darkstar Records table -- didn't see too much I recognized there, but they did have the new Sacred Dawn CD.

Lee (pate) may be able to explain it better than me, but there were a lot of CDs and shirts available. There were a lot of "combo" offers for buying merch (like buying multiple CDs or a CD + Shirt would net you a discount), so I think I wound up paying $10/ea for my CDs. Shirts were $10-15 or so. Quite a selection, including some shirts made up specially for Days of the Doomed (not just fest shirts, but I know Orodruin had 2 special shirts for the occasion).

I got this past friday...

double CD set of the Hell disc...one disc of the new album and the other disc all the old material.

new Tyr, Falconer, Stormwarrior and Hammerfall.

How is the new HammerFall (-- Infected, right)? The zombie theme wasn't very appealing to me and I didn't care for the song with the video they released.

I got this past friday...

double CD set of the Hell disc...one disc of the new album and the other disc all the old material.

new Tyr, Falconer, Stormwarrior and Hammerfall.

I got that 2-disc Hell as well. I like it, but I'm still not going gaga over it like everyone else is.

I just listened to the new TYR and love it. Let me know how the new Stormwarrior is. I'll probably pick that one up soon.

Trouble - Psalm 9 - sorry I took so long to check this band out. This album really kicked my ass!!

This makes Jasonic very happy.
This is 100% essential listening for any metal fan, not even doom fans.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Wxy5HzmSQ&playnext=1&list=PL126B2F9B251F47B5[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: