new CD's.......

the HELL disc is a HUGE letdown. Talk about 3rd rate Therion.....very bummed. I am more excited to hear the early stuff on the second disc.

Wait, what? 3rd rate Therion? I do not see the similarities whatsoever. What are you smoking today, Bob? :lol:

I don't think you'll enjoy the early stuff more honestly. I actually enjoyed the other disc more, but it might be different for you.

didnt care for the overly gothic vibe and the vocals kind of killed it for me.

Idk. I mean it's rather dark and everything but not gothic like Therion. For me, it just didn't grab me and wasn't really that memorable. I could see how those vocals could kill it for you though. I really enjoyed the video and that song, but the rest of it just didn't do it for me.

Idk. I mean it's rather dark and everything but not gothic like Therion. For me, it just didn't grab me and wasn't really that memorable. I could see how those vocals could kill it for you though. I really enjoyed the video and that song, but the rest of it just didn't do it for me.

I agree.....the whole thing so far didnt grab me at all....with all the buzz...well just on the PP forum claiming this is the best thing since sliced bread...I thought it would be better. I am sure it will grow on me later but right now it is just OK.

If anything about the Hell album; I like it, but the Sneap treatment doesn't fit the band at all. If Sneap were worth his mettle, he'd understand how to make a gruff NWOBHM band sound like a gruff NWOBHM band instead of producing it like a polished Nevermore album.

I'm in my second listening of it, and I'm liking it much better. It still isn't as great as others said. Part of it might just have been all the hype. Bob- i think I now know what you mean in terms of Therion, though it's very limited. The beginning and very few parts throughout the album have that gothic, orchestral thing going. It didn't bother me as it isn't the majority of their sound.

Hammerfall - Infected - this is not good. Wow. As generic as it comes and I like lots of generic bands....if they can write catchy songs...I love it. Nothing on this disc is catchy. They need to take a year off and write some good songs and then come back. I like the last one a lot. This one is worse than Renegade.

Renegade is a great album. Not sure what you are smokin' there Bob!

Yeah, I have zero interest in the new HammerFall.
Won't even bother listening to it. Saw the one video and know it's one that will just collect dust.

Hammerfall - Infected - this is not good. Wow. As generic as it comes and I like lots of generic bands....if they can write catchy songs...I love it. Nothing on this disc is catchy. They need to take a year off and write some good songs and then come back. I like the last one a lot. This one is worse than Renegade.

I don't think it's bad, but it definitely isn't better than the previous one that's for damn sure. I like about 50 percent I think. Threshold is still their worst. I like Renegade though. What's wrong with that one?

Renegade is a great album. Not sure what you are smokin' there Bob!

Yeah, I have zero interest in the new HammerFall.
Won't even bother listening to it. Saw the one video and know it's one that will just collect dust.

I wouldn't base it off that video, Jason. That's one of the worst tracks on the album in my opinion. There is some good stuff on it; however, I don't think the album is a must listen either.

I don't think it's bad, but it definitely isn't better than the previous one that's for damn sure. I like about 50 percent I think. Threshold is still their worst. I like Renegade though. What's wrong with that one?

Honestly, I liked Threshold. It and Chapter V were the last HammerFall albums I really listened and got into... After that, it's been "meh" to me.

Finally listened to Astral Doors - Evil Is Forever tonight; fantastic album. Unsure if it is as good as Astralism, but not bad at all.

Finally listened to Astral Doors - Evil Is Forever tonight; fantastic album. Unsure if it is as good as Astralism, but not bad at all.

You know, I've honestly never given them any chance. I've heard good things, but I've never really tried listening to any of their stuff. Any suggestions?

You know, I've honestly never given them any chance. I've heard good things, but I've never really tried listening to any of their stuff. Any suggestions?

Evil is Forever or Astralism, IMO. Though the first song I ever heard from them was Cloudbreaker, off their first album (I think?)... And I was hooked.

Their lead singer's voice is just awesome, for some reason. :worship:

I hear their newer albums are bad, but haven't gotten that far...

Last edited by a moderator: