New Deicide

Lol, absoutely, you realize Scars of the Crucifix was well accepted don't you? Having heard Opeth I can say that about a lot of music with a straight face.

scars of the crucifix is not a good album. there are only a couple decent songs there. the new album is much better. beginning with once upon the cross deicide went on a losing streak until scars of the crucifix. scars was just not worse than those ones.

In your opinion it's not a good album, as I said it was well received, so in most people's opinoin it was a good album, and I will stick to that. Better than anything Opeth has done.

I think disagreeing with that is insanity. Deicide has made an album considered landmark in the genre (Legion), Opeth never has come close, and most likely never will. I think that sums it up well.

illidurit said:
opeth = more creative, more epic, better songwriting, better lyrics, better feel & tastefulness, more forward thinking, etc

Opeth = failed attempted to be creative instead putting people to sleep.

Deicide = Straight forward enjoyable, to a point, but becoming stale after a few listens, again though they've had a landmark album.

Not a big deicide fan I like Serpents of the light, Legion, Scars, and Stentch. Though they do get stale really fast until this album I had put them down for a break for months.

Vacant_Planets said:
Opeth = failed attempted to be creative instead putting people to sleep.

Deicide = Straight forward enjoyable, to a point, but becoming stale after a few listens, again though they've had a landmark album.

Not a big deicide fan I like Serpents of the light, Legion, Scars, and Stentch. Though they do get stale really fast until this album I had put them down for a break for months.

:ill: :ill: :ill: