new Drudkh album

I have ordered Autumn Aurora together with Watain - Casus Luciferi. Will get Forgotten Legends next.

Tranquillian said:
I have ordered Autumn Aurora together with Watain - Casus Luciferi.

now that watain album is killer, you will not be disappointed, i assure you

but drudkh... i'm not really sure what to make of it yet. this acustic nature romantic stuff is usually something i quite enjoy. i've listend to AA a few times but so far i've heard nothing that impressed me that much. the paper thin production is not my cup of tea at all. i'll surely give it a few more spins since they've been so warmly recomended; with all this hype it feels almost like there's something wrong with me if i fail to recognize its greatness :D

listened to both Drudkh albums this morning. AA is definitely the better of the two. I don't think it's a masterpiece or anything, but it's a worthy listen, and a worthy purchase. I think my main gripe is that song #4 is so damn good, all other songs pale in comparison.

Where the crap can I find this for cheap dammit? Redstream is sold out and Moribund Cult charges shipping, and shipping is gay.

you always pay for shipping, but it just seems cheaper when the shipping price in included within the price.

Interesting.

It's like the convenience charge at Ticketmaster, I know I pay the same anyhow, but don't bullshit me and separate where my fucking cash goes, that's all. Plus The End and Redstream don't charge shipping, but their prices are comparable to Moribund before shipping anyhow. :p

Funny how I jewed out and waited to find this for $10 shipped, but now that I have it I realize I could've spent $25 and still gotten my money's worth. I could make comparisons to Negura Bunget and Burzum, but it isn't either one or quite in between. I actually hear a lot of 70s rock as well, particularly in the melodies.

This is an exceptional album.

Song #5 - "Wind of the Night Forests" is the single greatest track I've heard thus far this year. In fact, this is the greatest track I've heard since Aeturnus' "Warrior of the Crescent Moon" last year. Not that they're similar or anything, I'm just making the comparison where both songs are complete and utter standout tracks.

NAD said:
I could make comparisons to Negura Bunget and Burzum, but it isn't either one or quite in between. I actually hear a lot of 70s rock as well, particularly in the melodies.
So true. Especially in "Winds of the Night Forests". That guitar solo (!) sounds like something Alex Lifeson might have come up with, it's pretty out of place in a 70's kind of way, against that Burzum-esque backdrop.

That 10 minute song sells the record alone IMO.

Autumn Aurora = Top 10 material, for sure. This is gonna be the 'N Crugu Baradului of 2004.

BlackKnight.jpg

alright... we'll call it a draw.

My favorites are Glare of Autumn and Wind of the Night Forests.

Especially that solo in Wind of the Night Forests. That cumulates all the atmosphere in the album all at once and brings it to the point of orgasm.