new Drudkh album

I like the picture on the inside sleeve the best, otherwise those forests remind me of BWD's gay forest romp. Oh, and the fucking tweety birds on the beginning of the album...yeah, I get that it's all foresty, but do I really need to hear wildlife chirping about? Why not just record the sound of a bear taking a shit.

JayKeeley said:
but do I really need to hear wildlife chirping about?
YES you do. This is the third album in the last year or so that has an intro with birds, and I LOVE them (Tomahawk and Nuclear Rabbit are the other two).
Why not just record the sound of a bear taking a shit.
Alright you win, that would be better. :tickled:

Mr. Bear is out in the woods taking a dump, and he sees a little bunny bouncing by and the bear says "Hey Mr. Bunny, do you have problem with shit sticking to your fur?" Mr. Bunny says "why no, I don't!" So Mr. Bear picks up the bunny and wipes his butt with him. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NAD said:
YES you do. This is the third album in the last year or so that has an intro with birds, and I LOVE them (Tomahawk and Nuclear Rabbit are the other two).
In that case, might I suggest Finntroll's Visor Om Slutet. It even has owls hooting.

Mr. Bear is out in the woods taking a dump, and he sees a little bunny bouncing by and the bear says "Hey Mr. Bunny, do you have problem with shit sticking to your fur?" Mr. Bunny says "why no, I don't!" So Mr. Bear picks up the bunny and wipes his butt with him. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:tickled: That's the oldest one in the book!

My only complaint is for this type of music, the album is too short. Every time track 6 comes on I get surprised and think "already!?!" :tickled:

NAD said:
My only complaint is for this type of music, the album is too short. Every time track 6 comes on I get surprised and think "already!?!" :tickled:
Damn right! I notice that more each time I listen to it! It's too short. If they removed the tweety birds, we could have got a few more riffs chucked in.

Still, this is easily a contender for top 3 of 2004.

Leave those birds ALONE!!! :yell: :loco:

I never, NEVER complain that an album is too short unless its a particularly grand EP, like Bloodbath or some Nine Inch Nails. But Autumn Aurora is way too god damn shit fucking short.

NAD said:
I never, NEVER complain that an album is too short unless its a particularly grand EP, like Bloodbath or some Nine Inch Nails. But Autumn Aurora is way too god damn shit fucking short.
True. Having said that, the quality is just remarkable. Better to leave the crap on the cutting floor. I mean, who ever likes the 'deleted scenes' on DVDs? Shit gets cut for a reason I say.

I've stopped buying special edition DVDs because I never watch that crap, except for Kevin Smith movies but that's just the whole gay thing with him probably.

Ukrainian black metal pioneers DRUDKH have released a track from ‘Thousands of Moons Ago / The Gates’, their new split EP alongside the UK's WINTERFYLLETH. The first track, entitled "...W Krainie Drzew" is streaming now.

"...W Krainie Drzew" was originally written and recorded by HEFEYSTOS (Poland) in 1997. The song’s black metal and heathen background rooted in ancient Slavonic nature was a natural precursor to DRUDKH's signature sound.

Scheduled for a January 17th release (January 21st in North America), ‘Thousands of Moons Ago / The Gates’ will feature four tracks taking the shape of cover songs recorded by both bands, paying tribute to their early influences. Pre-order it at Season of Mist’s e-shop!

'Thousands of Moons Ago / The Gates’ will be released as a dark bue, hand-numbered 12" LP limited to 666 copies, and as a separate CD titled ‘Eastern Frontier in Flames’, which will include all DRUDKH’s tracks from ‘Thousands of Moons Ago’, as well as the ‘Anti-Urban’ and ‘Slavonic Chronicles’ EPs.

http://www.stereogum.com/1587161/drudkh-w-krainie-drzew-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Even just a casual listen, I like that track, yep, sure do.

Handful of Stars is their only dull moment for me... far.