New forum feedback/sneak peeks

Will private messages be in the form of a thread? Currently they are difficult to use because you can't see what you wrote and previous replies all in one place.

Can we have more variety on the positive feedback smileys, like headbanging, beer glass raising etc? Also, the flip people off smiley probably shouldn't be an option lol.

Will private messages be in the form of a thread? Currently they are difficult to use because you can't see what you wrote and previous replies all in one place.

Can we have more variety on the positive feedback smileys, like headbanging, beer glass raising etc? Also, the flip people off smiley probably shouldn't be an option lol.

Yes messages on this platform are called "conversations" and are more like private chat sessions, style wise. I like it much better.

There will be default smiley's to start but that is on my list, to implement ones more unique for Ultimate Metal.

I'm scared.

I don't like change.

I guess as long as it still has :erk: it's probably fine.

But still scary.

I will have a bunch out the gate, but will certainly add more as we go. It won't be as chaotic as some of the hodgepodge I have here currently (sizing wise). List the ones you guys use most here and I'll try to have an equivalent at launch.

I will have a bunch out the gate, but will certainly add more as we go. It won't be as chaotic as some of the hodgepodge I have here currently (sizing wise). List the ones you guys use most here and I'll try to have an equivalent at launch.

pacman.gif
= :v

Because the site is terribly behind the times and outdated, and the existing software I can't upgrade because 1) it's too old and more importantly 2) The company that runs vbulletin are greedy, do not care about their customers and the newer versions of the software are complete crap.

Most forums, especially larger ones like this, have moved to xenforo and found a lot of success on both the admin side and the user side.

Another huge forum I'm on is on VBulletin 4.2.3, which is a pretty good user experience.

But I can still appreciate the rest of those reasons.