NEW FTFD's

RichMinerva

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2009
as much as i hate the mix in general i love the sound of those toms..

could anyone explain to me how i can get toms to sound like that!?

They posted on their facebook that there was absolutely no drum replacement what-so-ever. It sounds, to me, like the toms are really punchy but don't have any resonance at all. Maybe try sculpting your EQ and compressing to the point where you get the attack and the fundemental frequency of each tom (sounds like just a floor tom L and a rack tom R) make it through but that's it.

Yeah sounds that way. I'll deffo try that out, I've always been terrible with Tom compression. Any ideas?

tom denney stole my drum samples.

i bet you dollars to dimes there are samples on this (he did the new ftfd right?)

[UEAK]Clowd;9775993 said:
tom denney stole my drum samples.

i bet you dollars to dimes there are samples on this (he did the new ftfd right?)

Yeah was Tom denney and if he thinks that guitar tone is good....he needs help!

If to have a listen dude lemme know if those toms are yours as I love em and for some reason can't get mine sound like that

Agreed, I think the guitar tone is alright, Its clean, but by no means heavy. But that's just FTFD, a good band for the most part, but not a heavy band.

Whats everybody's opinion on Tom Dennys productions? his management contact a band im close friends with saying that he wanted to record them. I have not been impressed by any of his productions AT ALL, in fact i think they could find somebody way better local for the money they are gonna be spending.

Your guys thoughts?

They posted on their facebook that there was absolutely no drum replacement what-so-ever. It sounds, to me, like the toms are really punchy but don't have any resonance at all. Maybe try sculpting your EQ and compressing to the point where you get the attack and the fundemental frequency of each tom (sounds like just a floor tom L and a rack tom R) make it through but that's it.

They definitely replaced everything.... don't believe a word bands say...

They definitely replaced everything.... don't believe a word bands say...

Not surprising. I was just passing on what they said because it seems to be the only 'official,' albeit likely bullshit, info on the production.

Sounds like slate and a POD. Most bands have no idea what goes in to making a record.