NEW FTFD's

Whats everybody's opinion on Tom Dennys productions? his management contact a band im close friends with saying that he wanted to record them. I have not been impressed by any of his productions AT ALL, in fact i think they could find somebody way better local for the money they are gonna be spending.

Your guys thoughts?

He's trying, but I feel like right now the mixes really aren't worth listening to.
He's a name.

IMHO, something worth noting is that the very new record label Artery Recordings has spread out their first few new releases between several new/vetted producers, including: Brian Hood, Tom Denney, Matt Goldman, Sturgis, Chango Studios.

It'll be interesting to see who gets dropped and who they keep a relationship with; fwiw I bet Tom Denney gets dropped.

He's trying, but I feel like right now the mixes really aren't worth listening to.
He's a name.

IMHO, something worth noting is that the very new record label Artery Recordings has spread out their first few new releases between several new/vetted producers, including: Brian Hood, Tom Denney, Matt Goldman, Sturgis, Chango Studios.

It'll be interesting to see who gets dropped and who they keep a relationship with; fwiw I bet Tom Denney gets dropped.

Agreed. only listened to it once and didnt like it at all.

Throw a Brian Hood mix up next to Denney and you realize what a good mix is.

Just listened to "My Anthem - Like Symphony." That mix on the record is unbelievably flat and lifeless sounding. I don't even like the toms at all either.
With that said, the lead guitar tone is surprisingly good. And the cleans sound like A Day To Remember :lol:

And Brian does some very tasty work. The mix on the new Crimson Armada is amazing. I didn't like the A Plea For Purging mix he did at all though.
With all do respect, he is definitely giving Sturgis a run for his money and is gaining popularity pretty quickly.