New Guitar

B.C. Rich Warlock...not a bad choice either

Many would dissagree :p.
I've only played a few B.C. Rich products and I found them all uncomfortable, including a Warlock, Beast, and a Warlock Bass. The Beast of course being the worst :p.

KiraQC:

26647.jpg

This is your guitar now?

You don't need to tune down to sound "metal". It sounds to me like you need to try out some amps rather than a new guitar. If you want to sound like generic metal tone like everyone else, just get an Epiphone Les Paul and a Marshall and start practicing some Trivium.

A guitar won't make you a better guitarist, just the way having a good calculator isn't going to make you good at math. Learn Theory and practise 3 hours a day >8(

Gah

im sick of people screaming "LAWL ITS NAE THE GUITAR THAT MAKES YOU GREAT"

no its not, but having a fretboard that does not suit your style of playing is shit, teh whole feel of the neck and fretboard can throw you way off, and take away the pleasure of playing. Having a comfortable guitar that you LIKE is important to make you go back there and play it just another time

i have 4 electric guitars and all are different in neck shape and fretsizes or wood

and it MAKES A DIFFERENCE

Feks, playing on the fender, i have a C shape neck, medium frets on Maple

this does not feel the same as my esp, which is thin U, Extra Jumbo frets on Rosewood. I prefer to play on the ESP, because it just feels so much better

the bc rich has a natural neck, and it feels pure shit to have my hands on, and the jackson has a too flat neckshape for me to play on

really, the guitar matters.

I like Thin U and Thin Flat shapes...thats perfect for me. So in short ESP and Jackson are for my hands. Theres big differences in necks. Still id say that 90 percent of the time people think their guitars suck its the amp.

Gah

im sick of people screaming "LAWL ITS NAE THE GUITAR THAT MAKES YOU GREAT"

no its not, but having a fretboard that does not suit your style of playing is shit, teh whole feel of the neck and fretboard can throw you way off, and take away the pleasure of playing. Having a comfortable guitar that you LIKE is important to make you go back there and play it just another time

i have 4 electric guitars and all are different in neck shape and fretsizes or wood

and it MAKES A DIFFERENCE

Feks, playing on the fender, i have a C shape neck, medium frets on Maple

this does not feel the same as my esp, which is thin U, Extra Jumbo frets on Rosewood. I prefer to play on the ESP, because it just feels so much better

the bc rich has a natural neck, and it feels pure shit to have my hands on, and the jackson has a too flat neckshape for me to play on

really, the guitar matters.

I agree I've had a something shit guitar for years and neglected guitar playing for years until I picked up my mates something awesome guitar and was hooked

So much that I even pulled out my own shit thing to prac so no I'll be putting some major $ into the next one I get with also a bit of help from my friend

Many would dissagree :p.
I've only played a few B.C. Rich products and I found them all uncomfortable, including a Warlock, Beast, and a Warlock Bass. The Beast of course being the worst :p.

KiraQC:

26647.jpg

This is your guitar now?

You don't need to tune down to sound "metal". It sounds to me like you need to try out some amps rather than a new guitar. If you want to sound like generic metal tone like everyone else, just get an Epiphone Les Paul and a Marshall and start practicing some Trivium.

A guitar won't make you a better guitarist, just the way having a good calculator isn't going to make you good at math. Learn Theory and practise 3 hours a day >8(

Yeah, that's my guit. But I use to tune it in Flat#2 because, sometime, I play some COB and if I want to make a "0" on the 6th string, in D, it going to make a "2" on the 6th string. Other guitar like my ex-best friend guitar : BC Rich Warlock, didn't had to tune it in Flat#2, because in D, its a perfect "0" on the 6th string. So that's it.

If it's the sound you're looking for, just get new pickups. You already have humbucker slots so just pop some EMGs or something in there and voila.

Okay, buy some new pick-up will get over 300$ maybe, I don't really know how much it cost, but, I prefer to spend my money on a new guitar, and buy new pick-up on the new guitar, that upgrade that Godin's one. Someone on YouTube told me to buy a new guitar than upgrade my Godin. :zombie:

Yeah, that's my guit. But I use to tune it in Flat#2 because, sometime, I play some COB and if I want to make a "0" on the 6th string, in D, it going to make a "2" on the 6th string. Other guitar like my ex-best friend guitar : BC Rich Warlock, didn't had to tune it in Flat#2, because in D, its a perfect "0" on the 6th string. So that's it.

I honestly have no idea what this paragraph means. Tell me in french, I might understand.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry but you're not making much sense here. There is no such thing as Flat#2, or "Flat#[insert number here]". Notes have letters, not numbers.

What I THINK you mean by "Flat#2" is that you downtuned all strings on your guitar 2 half steps. Which means you're tuned in standard D.

Ok. Tunings:

Normal tuning: E
1 halfstep down: Eb / D#
2 halfsteps down: D
3 halfsteps down: Db / C#
4 halfsteps down: C
5 halfsteps down: B

etc.

Okay, buy some new pick-up will get over 300$ maybe, I don't really know how much it cost, but, I prefer to spend my money on a new guitar, and buy new pick-up on the new guitar, that upgrade that Godin's one. Someone on YouTube told me to buy a new guitar than upgrade my Godin. :zombie:

SOMEONE ON YOUTUBE TOLD YOU TO FUCKING BUY A NEW GUITAR AND YOURE DOING IT??!?!??!?!?!!!!:zombie::err:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry but you're not making much sense here. There is no such thing as Flat#2, or "Flat#[insert number here]". Notes have letters, not numbers.

What I THINK you mean by "Flat#2" is that you downtuned all strings on your guitar 2 half steps. Which means you're tuned in standard D.

Ok. Tunings:

Normal tuning: E
1 halfstep down: Eb / D#
2 halfsteps down: D
3 halfsteps down: Db / C#
4 halfsteps down: C
5 halfsteps down: B

etc.

Thanks, you gave me so much information about that haha! So, my guitar is in D, and my ex-best friend guitar was in E, and we had the same sound there.

SOMEONE ON YOUTUBE TOLD YOU TO FUCKING BUY A NEW GUITAR AND YOURE DOING IT??!?!??!?!?!!!!:zombie::err:

I was already thinking about buying a new guitar before I asked someone on YouTube that he's RedSGShredder. Here the convo :

KiraQC -
Heya man!

I have a question to ask you. It been one year and 5 days that I play guitar, and I would like to tune it up a little. My guitar is a Godin Detour I bought at October 14th 2006, and I want to continue playing some Children Of Bodom. Can you tell me what I should put on my guitar first? ^^ Thanks!

Between, GREAT Video! Its AWESOME! Good Job

RedSGShredder
Thanks dude. Congratulations on your achievement. I have never heard of that guitar before though. You might consider upgrading to a new guitar altogether if you feel like you have outgrown it. Good luck man.

KiraQC -
Heya Back Man!

Just something, I love the bast of my guitar, and I think its all I like on my guitar lol. All the company's parts are kinda weird. The Pick-Up, The Paint, The Chords, it will cost less if I change all the thing I need. If you don't know what is a Godin Detour '06, just look at one of my videos, even if they're shity lol, but I'll post soon as I get new pick-ups! Thanks for your Advice man!

Then, I realize that I should change guitar :p

Thanks, you gave me so much information about that haha! So, my guitar is in D, and my ex-best friend guitar was in E, and we had the same sound there.

I was already thinking about buying a new guitar before I asked someone on YouTube that he's RedSGShredder. Here the convo :

KiraQC -
Heya man!

I have a question to ask you. It been one year and 5 days that I play guitar, and I would like to tune it up a little. My guitar is a Godin Detour I bought at October 14th 2006, and I want to continue playing some Children Of Bodom. Can you tell me what I should put on my guitar first? ^^ Thanks!

Between, GREAT Video! Its AWESOME! Good Job

RedSGShredder
Thanks dude. Congratulations on your achievement. I have never heard of that guitar before though. You might consider upgrading to a new guitar altogether if you feel like you have outgrown it. Good luck man.

KiraQC -
Heya Back Man!

Just something, I love the bast of my guitar, and I think its all I like on my guitar lol. All the company's parts are kinda weird. The Pick-Up, The Paint, The Chords, it will cost less if I change all the thing I need. If you don't know what is a Godin Detour '06, just look at one of my videos, even if they're shity lol, but I'll post soon as I get new pick-ups! Thanks for your Advice man!

Then, I realize that I should change guitar :p

*sigh*

So your guitar can only sound like your friend's standard tuned guitar by tuning down to D? Explain to me exactly how that works, because you've managed to confuse the hell out of me.

Also, what is a bast?

Heya to everyone!

So, I'm making that board to know what guitar I should take for my new guitar that I'm going to buy really soon!

I'm looking for a guitar that is quite good, I mean, not like my guitar heh.

I kinda have like ... 100$ for me, but my dad would pay kinda the rest with me, because I asked him a ( Okay, it was a weird idea, but I changed since some weeks, so now I want to be a good guitarist than a good gamers haha ) Ps3..... haha ... That was really lame... but now I want a guitar heh!

So, don't tell me guitars that cost like 3000$ or more... I just want to chance the style of my guitar and get it a little better... Because my Godin Detour isn't a good guitar for Metal. My ex-best friend had a B.C. Rich Warlock, and It was seriously better than me. When I tune my guitar, I have to put 2 flat to have a good sound of metal... but I have to put it in D if I want to play Canon Rock or other classical music I know only in D.

So, what you guys suggest me!?! I'm waiting for some reply :loco:

Good Night, And Good Luck

*sigh*

So your guitar can only sound like your friend's standard tuned guitar by tuning down to D? Explain to me exactly how that works, because you've managed to confuse the hell out of me.

Also, what is a bast?

Okay, I know that I'm not that informated about Guitar, and that's kinda why I joined this forum! To learn more about it!

So, you're exactly right. I have tune down my guitar in D to have the same sound that my ex-best friend's guitar when he's tuned in E. That's all. Sorry for confuse the hell out of you heh

I'm just trying to say that's he's not my friend anymore, because the way he didn't wanted me as a best friend anymore was really the worst shit ever... So, okay, now that everyone know that, I'll "that guy" heh

Between, I wanted to say "Base"

No, I mean, the place where you put your right arm! The Base... I dunno the good term, but I'll say it in French, then just translate it...

La base! Tsé l'affaire où tu met ton bras pis ou que tu pousse les cordes avec ton pic! Ou y peu avoir un wammy bar pis toute la! heh