New habits/routines

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
I don't know if there's enough of this to fill a thread with, but it seems to me like one of those things that people do all the time without really talking about. Sometimes changes in habit can be pretty interesting, especially if it's something you didn't think you could succeed in.

Personally, I hate being stuck in a routine forever, and I usually make some minor change in my lifestyle every few months or so. Last night I decided to cut off Internet access from my desktop computer, and to rely solely on my laptop for Internet. This is mainly to encourage me to get out and move around more often, but it's also to give me a break from playing Eve Online, since my laptop can't handle the game. I'm thinking it'll work out pretty well, since it doesn't take nearly as much effort as trying to set limits on my computer/Internet usage (which I've tried and failed multiple times).

I've been getting into the routine of leaving the house later. I now leave at exactly the right time to get to school on time. Since I still get up at 7, I get to take more leisurely showers and I usually listen to music for about 10 minutes before leaving. (No iPod, no CD player that doesn't skip)

I hardly ever get to class early; and more often than not I get there late. It's pretty sad. I just hate the idea of spending too much time getting ready in the morning.

I'm pretty sure I'd never wake up extra early just to be able to fart around before school/work. I'd much rather have that time added on to my evenings, since I can enjoy it more then.

I cut myself off of TV completely a while ago and I've almost completely taken myself off video games.

Wake up at 7 o'clock on school days, and be there at 7:30 o'clock. I used to get up at 6 o'clock, and at 7, i used to sit in the cafeteria by myself, and wait till my friends arrive.

Spring Break has been a massive disruption to my daily routine, but I intend to revert to it once I head back to school tomorrow. It goes basically:

7 AM - up
8:30 - breakfast
4:00 - shower
4:30 - nap
5:30 - dinner
7:00 - coffee time
11 PM - bed

I hardly ever get to class early; and more often than not I get there late. It's pretty sad. I just hate the idea of spending too much time getting ready in the morning.

I'm pretty sure I'd never wake up extra early just to be able to fart around before school/work. I'd much rather have that time added on to my evenings, since I can enjoy it more then.

Aren't you in college? From what I've heard showing up late in college is like a capital crime or whatever.

I don't try to wake up early - my body wakes itself up at 7. Also, my mom wakes my brother up then, which involved tromping through my room, knocking on his door, and him whining. So I have no choice.

I wake up at 6:15
Take a shower
Eat breakfast
Brush my hair
Brush my teeth
Go in my room
Get dressed while listening to some music
Then I leave at 7:15 so I can hang with my friends.
Go to my classes and all that stuff.
Go on the bus.
Come home
Go on the internet for a bit if I'm not doing anything
Eat around 5
Do my homework at 6:30
Then just hang around.

Spring Break has been a massive disruption to my daily routine, but I intend to revert to it once I head back to school tomorrow. It goes basically:

7 AM - up
8:30 - breakfast
4:00 - shower
4:30 - nap
5:30 - dinner
7:00 - coffee time
11 PM - bed

Naps? Bed at 11? Wtf? o_O

I've been working at a primary school this week so been getting up at 7am.
Haven't had to wake up that early since I was 15, so its pretty weird.
Also, I've been passing out at 11pm every night, and considering I'm usually up till 4am, its seriously disconcerting.
Must be all that playing hide-and-seek with the Reception classes at lunch. ;D

Aren't you in college? From what I've heard showing up late in college is like a capital crime or whatever.

Not sure where you heard that. It's certainly not as frowned-upon as it is in high school. After all, college is voluntary, and you pay for it out of your own pocket. It's not like the professors are your nannies or anything.

I'm a morning person.

You get way too much sleep.