Strange Habits/Idiosyncrasies

unknown

fuck ftagn
Oct 27, 2003
The Red Tower
in a further effort for us all to become uncomfortably familiar with each other, now we shall discuss our strange habits, idiosyncrasies, eccentricities and other bizarre things that if displayed on a first date would guarantee no possibility of a second date. This thread may be a bad idea, but we'll see where it goes.

I prefer to eat pretty much all of my food with a fork and knife. I'm serious. Pizza, bagel with peanut butter, ribs, corn...gotta be with utensils. My mom said my grandfather did the same thing, and it must be a male thing that runs in the family.

Heh, I have two really bad habits, which kind of go hand in hand (haha funny considering what im talking about). First, I have this weird fixation with having to smell my hands. Like if I touch something, say a candle, I smell the fingertip of my index finger and thumb. I do it kind of in a sly way though, I act like I'm rubbing the bottom part of my nose. Second, if they smell weird or smell as if I need to wash them, I wash them. I'm mildly OCD about my hands. I wash them all the time. I cannot stand to touch anything I own with dirty hands. I can't eat without washing my hands. Even if I go to a club, and I touch the doorhandle to open the door to walk in, and I get a little bit of alcohol on my hand, instead of just licking it off no matter WHERE it touched, I have to go wash my hands.

my one habit is quite waynes world-ish...

i play air guitar CONSTANTLY. my fingers are always going. i imagine there are alot of people who think i have a mental disorder because of it. but in reality, ive always got a song in my head, and my fingers are playing along!

oh, and i always sign my posts on message boards
~gR~

I am almost always moving my feet and legs, usually tapping them on the floor.

I narrate my life in my head sometimes.

I always try to smoke a cigarette in my left hand. It bugs me when I have to hold it with my right.

I say things in odd ways, such as saying joo instead of you or yeah-huh instead of yeah.

I quote things all the time.

I do the air guitar thing also. Air drums as well.

There are more, but I can't think about them.

Heh, I have two really bad habits, which kind of go hand in hand (haha funny considering what im talking about). First, I have this weird fixation with having to smell my hands. Like if I touch something, say a candle, I smell the fingertip of my index finger and thumb. I do it kind of in a sly way though, I act like I'm rubbing the bottom part of my nose. Second, if they smell weird or smell as if I need to wash them, I wash them. I'm mildly OCD about my hands. I wash them all the time. I cannot stand to touch anything I own with dirty hands. I can't eat without washing my hands. Even if I go to a club, and I touch the doorhandle to open the door to walk in, and I get a little bit of alcohol on my hand, instead of just licking it off no matter WHERE it touched, I have to go wash my hands.

Sweet, I'm a bit OCD too. I used to be worse about the hand-washing thing when I was younger (i.e. washing my hands before eating ANYTHING), but these days I'll settle for just wiping my fingers off on my shirt if I haven't been touching a lot of stuff lately. I think I may have gone through a phase of smelling my hands, but I rarely do that anymore.

The thing that bothers me the most is having grease on my hands. I can't stand the idea of spreading that stuff all over everything I touch. It really sucks when I'm out at my mom and stepdad's house, because no one there gives a shit about washing their hands, and there's usually a coating of grease on every doorknob, table, and counter in the house. :erk: So I usually wash my hands about 10 times a day when I'm out there.

Another thing I obsess over is the ass odor that people leave on seats. I seem to notice it more than anyone else does, and I can often tell when I've been 'contaminated' by someone else's odor, as it will follow me around wherever I go, and leave itself on other seats I use. If I'm sitting down in a seat that lots of other people use, I usually try to sit in the corner of it, or if it's a sofa, in between the cushions. About two years ago, I started habitually leaving one of my used shirts on my computer chair so that my chair doesn't accumulate odor; I still do that to this day.

hahahahahahah

I'm that way about smells too, my girlfriend moreso. She's like a fucking bloodhound it's insane. Sometimes she just randomly says "do you smell that? Smells like dirty feet" so then she and I are walking around our apartment trying to look for something that smells like dirty feet for hours. Hahaahahjaij

thank god I'm not alone

I am almost always moving my feet and legs, usually tapping them on the floor.

Same here. In fact, I was doing it just as I read your post. :) Only thing is that I don't really do 'tapping', due to the noise and discomfort involved. I just shake one or both legs, usually on tiptoe, if I'm seated. Or, if my legs are crossed, I'll wag the foot that's in the air.

when I have a plate of food, I like to keep all of the items separate from each other. I don't like my green beans mingling with my chicken er whatever. I fear sullying the tastes of the individual items

I talk to myself aloud
I do air guitar and air drums (recently, air bass)
I also narrate my life in my head (and sometimes aloud). At least, if I am thinking of narrate in the same context here.

I usually pretend I'm doing double-bass when I sit down for a while, and sometimes I'll suddenly start doing blastbeat airdrumming for no reason.

I make random BM/DM growls in long periods of boredom.

I have a tendency to curl down the ends of my mouth in a "gr1m" face out of habit, but usually when I don't speak for a while.

I crack my toes and fingers constantly.

I talk to myself in the third-person, even in my head. And when I tell myself things, I tell them as if telling them to someone nearby.

I will smell almost ANYTHING, even if I just dipped my hand in shit.

I play air instruments.
I talk to myself.
I drink out of a can even when it's empty I try to at least get one drop out of it.
I translate a lot of conversations into "internet talk".
I tap a lot.
I touch myself every night.
I wash my hands a lot even when they aren't dirty.