NEW HAUL \m/ well atleast creating some activity on here you whiny bitches :)

AussieTerry84

\m/ Scanner Scrag \m/
Jun 22, 2008
Kreator - Hordes of Chaos (good mate of mine works at JB so he held onto the Limited Edition for me, can't be anymore of a happy chappy unless a tour was announced :D )
Lamb of God - Sacrement (NEVER heard much of these guys at all but heard some stuff on Blabber mouth so thought it was time to check out really cool thing was all their albums except the new one were $9.99 at JB)
Lamb of God - Wrath (thought i might aswell pick this one up to get a good grounding in the band :D )

never got interested in getting into Lamb of God before cause all the people i knew who were into em were the type who were into Slipknot and nu-metal etc so it kind of gave me an idea that they'd be like that and I wouldn't like em, luckily they're fucking awesome :headbang:

everyone seems to be going on about the latest Lamb of God album but the said same people are also saying "hope it's not shit like their first few albums" and yeah, they are very kiddie metal.

my latest haul:

yet another laptop.

one of those 10" ASUS eee PCs.

it's fucking awesome.

and yes, even though I already have a laptop, that one is for work, this little guy is for personal use and the convenience of having something I can slip into a bag, use for a long time and not have my back twisted carrying it around.

I bought an Acer Aspire One 120GB netbook a few weeks ago. I researched em for a while and decided they were not only the best value, but one of the best machines in general. The newer model ones will be the best netbooks by far, but will cost. The current models are going for under $500 and are awesome. I bought it for travel later in the year and for work. Good stuff.

people always go on about "oh dude get the 500 gig hard drive or the 1 terabyte hard drive" but im not much of a downloader as I FUCKING LOVE buying cd's, i guess its like a hobby for me :D so when i got my pc built and had it made of pure awesomeness so it can play pretty much any game out there i chose the 320 gig hard drive AND thats only cause the pc guy suggested it instead of 200 which i had first said.

dont mind me im just jabbering on tired late at night and about to hop into to bed to watch Caddyshack :D

if you're going to get an 600 gig or terabyte HD, you're better off going for an external one for backing up everything.
especially if you want to back up your CD collection for personal use and ensuring that you don't scratch the fuck out of them all.
same with game storage too, having somewhere to put your save games and such just in case of a computer crash.

though not really much of a PC gamer these days.

though really want all those old arcade roms so I can get revenge on the boxes that stole my money as a kid.
any idea where you can safely get them and the emulator that rans them?

I used to have a whole stack of those ROMs. Can't remember where I got them from, but. I think it from a mate who had a mate who knew someone.

As for the emulator, MAME is what you're after: http://mamedev.org/

Although you might not want the base version, there are a whole heap of graphical front ends around for it that make life easier. Do a bit of a loof around and see if there's one that appeals: http://www.google.com.au/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_enAU291AU303&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=mame+front+end

I got LOG's Wrath today, I have loved the band since I first heard them around As the Palaces burn in about '03 Ithink (you NEED this fucking album Tezza) And they are just getting better IMO

Also about 2 weeks ago I got the New Seps A-Lex, and a week or 2 before that got Napalm Death's newie Time waits for no slave, other than that don't have the mula to just hurl about, but fuck me there is some awesome stuff out, and coming out that I need to get my dirty mits on

yes, even though I already have a laptop, that one is for work, this little guy is for personal use and the convenience of having something I can slip into a bag, use for a long time and not have my back twisted carrying it around.

I bought a new laptop for work just before xmas. P8400, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, 512Mb GeForce 9800m GTS, 1920x1200 17" screen... absolutely fucking tank, chews through nearly anything I throw at it (except V-Ray :() and the battery lasts on average around 3 1/2 hours without being conservative about its use and with power saving switched off (ie- full screen brightness and wireless performance, no CPU throttling etc). HDMI = win as well. What little trade-off there is in the weight and heat output is more than made up for in the extra grunt and screen real-estate. I wouldn't mind an ultra-portable to take overseas but I think it would just be a hassle to have to look after it all the time, keep it charged etc.

New Napalm Death has been getting rave reviews, not that I am a fan at all.

wow last time i listened to Napalm Death back in 2002 i didn't really like it, but i just checked out the new stuff on youtube and im so buying the new album along with some Nashville Pussy ;) at gore

I bought a new laptop for work just before xmas. P8400, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, 512Mb GeForce 9800m GTS, 1920x1200 17" screen... absolutely fucking tank, chews through nearly anything I throw at it (except V-Ray :() and the battery lasts on average around 3 1/2 hours without being conservative about its use and with power saving switched off (ie- full screen brightness and wireless performance, no CPU throttling etc). HDMI = win as well. What little trade-off there is in the weight and heat output is more than made up for in the extra grunt and screen real-estate. I wouldn't mind an ultra-portable to take overseas but I think it would just be a hassle to have to look after it all the time, keep it charged etc.

A 17" machine is *not* a laptop. It's a fucking knee crusher.

A 17" machine is *not* a laptop. It's a fucking knee crusher.

one thing that youll notice when they talk about lappy these days is that they don't really call them "laptops" but rather "notebook computers" because of all the issues of people trying to sue computer computers because they had them lappy on their laps and they got burns from them.

nice little technically of language to escape lawsuits and such.

spending up big before i start dating this chick in a couple of weeks and lose my single person status :D

-today's haul-

Xbox 360 Games:
GTA IV: Lost & The Damned (its in a carboard box cause you have to download it can't wait tho, gonna play it as soon as i get home from work 2nite :D :D :D )
Frontline: Fuel of war special edition (comes with a shirt) only $79

Music:
Rainbow - Pot of Gold
Deept Purple - Platinum Collection ($14 for like 50+ songs over 3 cds WOOT fucking WOOT :D)
Meshuggah - Obzen
Napalm Death - Time Waits for No Slave

YeAh YO i keep my bitches on a tight leash yAHHhhh

she's in brisbane atm but due back here this wknd and we have a date wknd after that :thumbsup: