New Killswitch Engage

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Been jammin it for a few days now and it is really good! Adam D did a kickass job!

I think he really took alot from Sneap on this album. The drums are not quite as crisp as Sneap's, but still very nice. Vocals I think are a little bitty bit tucked in the mix, but not too bad.

But the guitar tone is a monster!!! Soldano right ?:Smokin:

And the songwriting on the album is probably my favorite outta all their previous stuff.:worship:!

Adam D definitely went for a Sneap sound with the record, but considering that that's the KsE sound that people are used to hearing, it's not surprising...and it does sound incredibly huge and powerful, although I still prefer the "The End of Heartache" mix- that one's hard to beat. I think Andy is the only one who could ever outdo it! Otherwise though, the snare sound is killer (probably Adam D's best yet), and the guitars are indeed crushing. I'm also pretty sure that the CD is ever-so-slightly louder than a lot of my other albums...Ted Jensen certainly delivered on this one. And musically I'm still enjoying KsE as much as ever, Adam D's vocals especially. I still love how they seemlessly transition from that short blast beat immediately to the poppy sounding part on "Reject Yourself". I would never expect that a blast beat to a poppy part would ever sound good, but KsE pulls it off.

i think its an ace album from what i've heard.

i agree adam has indeed done well, but i don't like production wise as much as eoh

Still digesting the new album but enjoying it. My Curse is just a classic song. The video version sucks as it doesn't have the vocal contrasts (combined screaming & clean) these guys blend so well. Production wise, it's not quite at the same level as EOH, but it's still better than 98% than everything else I'm hearing lately. I guess that makes Andy the "2% Man" :D

Note: the mp3s that leeked onto the web a while back weren't the greatest and I noticed some issues with the high end. The actual CD release sounds fine to my ears so I assume it was something to do with the encode.

Maybe it's me, but I just don't hear anything memorable on this one...I hear re-hashes of stuff they've done in the past, but all of it the forgettable stuff. The riffs and drumming "seem" heavier, but it comes off soft. Also, I don't hear near as many hooks as past KsE work, which to me is their calling card - heavy music with tons of hooks...Maybe I need more time with it. Same thing goes with the new All That Remains. I hear so many people praising it, but I just don't hear anything worth remembering riff wise, hook wise, or lyrically.

Maybe it's me, but I just don't hear anything memorable on this one...I hear re-hashes of stuff they've done in the past, but all of it the forgettable stuff. The riffs and drumming "seem" heavier, but it comes off soft. Also, I don't hear near as many hooks as past KsE work, which to me is their calling card - heavy music with tons of hooks...Maybe I need more time with it. Same thing goes with the new All That Remains. I hear so many people praising it, but I just don't hear anything worth remembering riff wise, hook wise, or lyrically.

yes they are still KSE. yes it is heavier. No it doesn't come off soft. Yes plenty of hooks. WAAYYYY better than All That Remains.
I had to listen to it a couple times myself. But that is pretty much the case with any album.:zombie:

I bought this myself on Saturday, and listened to it eight times in a row at work today. So far, my favourite KsE album. It's got the same vibe that I got from 'Alive Or Just Breathing?' in that I feel that every song on this album will be my favourite track at some point or another. That first riff on 'The Arms of Sorrow' gives me wood.

meh, I think I've just moved past the whole metalcore thing. It's just kinda boring now I guess? I listened to the album again all the way through yesterday and today on my way to work, and I do think it's better after reading comments here and listening more intently. The more I listent the better I like it.

As for ATR, I like the heaviness of the album, but I still don't hear anything worth remembering. This Calling is pretty cool, but it's the chorus that makes it for me. It's like they tried to be heavy "just because" rather than actually doing it to serve a song...or something. I dunno, I just don't dig it.

As for the new KsE, I've heard it was Soldano SLO with the Warren Haynes mod or something, and Framus Cobra, IIRC. There is a dude on HCAF that takes lessons from Joel and this is what he said Joel told him.

I like it Okay, but the guitar tones sound a lot more like Unearth's The Oncoming Storm than previous KSE.

The album is Soldano, Cobra, a little bit of triple recto, and a slight bit of powerball. Atleast thats what Adam told my bandmate Mckenzie.

I like the guitar tone on this album. The production is pretty good. But I'm not so much into the band. However, the songs are pretty catchy. Maybe it will grow on me. I don't know.

The album is Soldano, Cobra, a little bit of triple recto, and a slight bit of powerball. Atleast thats what Adam told my bandmate Mckenzie.

I don't know who you are from Bloodjinn, but 'Leave This World Breathing' is an awesome album.

I was quite suprised too that McKenzie joined you guys, not sure how much writing he did on the He Is Legend albums, but I like all of em a lot.

I am Kyle the guitar player. Leave this world breathing is definantly before my time in the band, but one of the reasons I got into the band:headbang: . I was pretty surprised and happy myself when I found out about Mckenzie joining. From what I know he wrote a lot of "I Am Hollywood" and Adam wrote a lot of "Suck Out The Poison".

I am Kyle the guitar player. Leave this world breathing is definantly before my time in the band, but one of the reasons I got into the band:headbang: . I was pretty surprised and happy myself when I found out about Mckenzie joining. From what I know he wrote a lot of "I Am Hollywood" and Adam wrote a lot of "Suck Out The Poison".

Not to totally derail this thread....

But are you guys done recording your new cd?