New look for LePou's LE456

Amazing skins. Beautiful GUIs doesn´t make stuff sound better, but inspiration does, and these skins inspire me.

Out of curiosity, couldn't lepou just actually name his plugins with their real name without copyright infringements since it's a freeware software?

Out of curiosity, couldn't lepou just actually name his plugins with their real name without copyright infringements since it's a freeware software?

Making money on the account of other people's brand wouldn't be the only issue - there's also an issue of misrepresentation, so any company can forbid you to use their brand(name) if they feel misrepresented... And I'm sure there are tons of other legal issues too :D

And I have never pretend that any of my sims were accurate... I always said that they are based on or inspired by this or that gear.

I got it. Well, I'm happy that there are people around like lepou and onquel who do such an incredible job at creating ampsims for free on their own, if you take a look at what the plugin companies do (including the boring and uninspiring designs). You are all simply great!

Ok guys, I'm bringing you some news, as well as some new pictures associated with it. Before I post the pics I'll tell you what happened with all of your suggestions:
- Cluttered space and small and hardly readable text were all resolved with a simple solution - the plugin got bigger! I increased the overall resolution by 10-15% and now everything is clearly visible. I also think that the bigger plugin will look like it's got more balls and feel more convincing. :headbang:
- "Poulin" logo - instead of struggling with the temporary typo, I decided to completely and separately design the logotype for "Poulin", and given the newly acquired free space on the skin the logo sits well on the front of the dash. I hope you guys (as well as Alain :)) will like it - I wanted to create something that's really bold, heavy and strong, but also to give it some elegance so it can be applied to any vintage amps/designs...

Ok, and here are the pics:

First, the logotype:

hn5wlb

4k3zzl

Great! I really like the way you incorporated the poulin logo, makes it nearly perfect. However I prefer how the tolex looked in version one where it has noticeably more shine, especially on the upper side, which gives it's look a bit more realism. Also the fonts are more readable in version 2 which is great.

indeed....looks awesome....the only thing that bugs me is that the pots are all directed in the same way (perspective wise....I hope you know what I mean)...the left button (drive) is ok...but the one on the right (Volume) looks strange because the perspective is "wrong"

^ yeah, he ripped the pots from an image of an amp, thus they aren't animated and will look pretty strange when you rotate them... Only reason why I wouldn't want to use this skin, other than that it looks tits.