New Macs!

The prices (unless you buy a model with a hexacore processor or two) are exactly the same as the previous model, with a performance bump. That's enough to make me glad I waited. I've gotten 8 years and counting out of my previous G4 so far, so I think the price is worth it.

I priced a Hackintosh, was gonna cost me a small fortune as well. By the time I got a good quad core processor, a good motherboard, enough RAM to make it worth it and all the accessories I'd need/want, I was just like... I may as well spend the extra few quid and get an iMac.

I'm not dissing Hackintosh's, but I wasn't saving so much money that I thought "wow, this is an amazing deal"

what? are kidding ?
a huber fast hackintosh costs you half the price or even less than a mac pro 4 cores (I don't know about an hackintosh with 8 cores, because you still need a motherboard with two slots for cpu's)
Just ask Kev for prices on good hardware, he's definetely the man to know this stuff!

I wanna upgrade my mac pro and put 2 quad core processors in there (2.66 quad core to 3ghz 8 core), but the damn CPUs are $600 a piece...

GABRIEL!! isn't this what you wanted? haha...

but seriously...$5000 dollars? i could buy a new car with that money!!...oh wait...i already have a new car *ka'ching!*

I think it's time for me to start looking at those 8 cores models on ebay...i hope their prices drop a little more.

magic they say?! how much is the 12 processor model supposed to cost and what kind of cpu is that ?!

I just bought a new one from the current edition. and damn what a fine machine - to you cubase users who are using the less legal version - parallels desktop works amazing.

with that extra eSata port the new iMacs are my dream machines!!!
Too bad I am saving every cent for a metric halo 2882 2d :(
but on the other hand, then I wont have to worry about shitty interfaces anymore:)

So iMac for me next year.
and mybe then the eSata port is apple confirmed and a real upgrade option.

I dont know how this semi-official upgrade works with the mainboard?

I tested the new trackpad in the Apple store in London. Works just like a macbook pro touchpad but I would still prefer a mouse. You can't rest your hand on it because you'll end up screwing with the multi touch that way so you have to keep up your hand all the time which is kinda fatiguing after a while

So is anyone using the trackpad in their studios? I finally tried it out yesterday and I can see it integrating nicely.
Probably not replacing a mouse but since side scrolling is so darn useful and the magic mice are uncomfortable and lots of people have issues with the trackspeed of them, I could see myself using a regular mouse and a trackpad for my left hand to do side scrolls.