New Maiden

Love Maiden, really like this track but don't like the production. Sounds like a demo: bass is all over the place

I kinda feel the same about the production. I think Brave New World has the perfect sound for post 2000 Maiden but apparently, Harry doesn't like that shiny, polished sound. He's going for more muddy, mid rangey, live feely (is that even a word?) sounds. I mean he chose the rough mix versions Kevin did to be relaesed on DOD and he didn't want AMOLAD to be mastered. Kevin is a great guy productionwise I think. But, at the end of the day, it's what Harry wants.

Dude (Janick) got the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a "free ride" and took it. He's not even anywhere near the dirt under Adrian's or Dave's boots (talent-wise... but who is?)

Im not a gigantic supporter of Janick, but I really wouldnt say that. Janick believe it or not has better technique out of all three and can play more styles of music too, ranging from country to metal. I wouldnt say he shows that in Maiden so much though, he is definitely more of a performer for the band, and thats one of the main reasons he was picked.

Maiden wasnt really a free ride for him either, he was playing for Ian Gillan remember. I would also go out there and say he gets a slightly raw deal soundwise. He brings out the folkier elements of Maiden these days.

Please don't take this the wrong way (I am a Maiden fan from way back. Even drummed in a Maiden Tribute) but is anyone else sick to death of hearing that tremolo picked E string Wasted Years deal? I hear it so much in newer Maiden.

Yep, used to love it but its really worn out now.

P.S Try as I might to get into El Dorado, its proving difficult. While the music feels stale, i'm inclined to feel that Bruce is to blame a little more as i really am not feeling his delivery!

God damn it, Harris is pissing all over the album leaving it so dry. Its left the last album (and apparently this one) feeling like bloody demo's to me. It seems to be some sort of ego trip to prove the band sound great dry, and yes they do of course. But save that for the live show and dont cut off your nose to spite your face. I might delete the last album from my itunes and keep it lodged in my cd rack forever more.

I do not like Janick Gers, But at least the band realizes That's the worst of the three
I would really love that Harris would leave the production to the pro's, I love the sound of BNW tighter cleaner .. I Can't Believe the stories behind the production of DOD and AMOAD.. amazing

Make that seven (or whatever-it-is + 1, at any rate) for Janick. His stage moves get a bit much sometimes, but I've never seen him do anything flat-out retarded, and at least he's trying to give the audience a good show.

I like Janick to be honest, he performs well and you can tell that on his solo's he's playing right on the edge of his ability, it's exciting to see if he's going to pull it off or not :lol:

Personally I am loving that setlist! Can't wait for Dublin!!!!

Please don't take this the wrong way (I am a Maiden fan from way back. Even drummed in a Maiden Tribute) but is anyone else sick to death of hearing that tremolo picked E string Wasted Years deal? I hear it so much in newer Maiden.

All right, that said I have high hopes for the rest of this disc. Not liking this tune too much but I'm not a "hit single" sort of guy!

As an aside: Playing Rime of the Ancient Mariner with my tribute band is one of my favorite musical memories. I love that shit! Up the IRONS!

Nah dude, I agree with you too and Iron Maiden was pretty much THE band that got me into heavy metal (back when I was 12 years old, nearly 10 years ago).
In general the bands has just been repeating themselves for so long, which is why I think they should have just called it a day years ago when they were peaking

I saw the Dallas show last night, my first maiden concert ever.

I figured they would play some new stuff, but after a while you could tell the crowd was getting bored with all the newer songs they played in a row. It was over an hour before they even played fear of the dark.

If they continue with these kinds of set lists, I don't think I'll go to another maiden concert.

Definitely makes me glad I caught the band on their "Somewhere Back In Time" tour then.
All the classic shit, no filler, just killer songs.

Meh, personally I've heard The Trooper, NOTB, FOTD, HBTN, RTTH, TETMD, etc etc etc etc at loads of Maiden gigs, I'm quite happy to hear a set that focuses on the new stuff as I love the last 3 albums (other than a couple of weaker songs on DOD)

Meh, personally I've heard The Trooper, NOTB, FOTD, HBTN, RTTH, TETMD, etc etc etc etc at loads of Maiden gigs, I'm quite happy to hear a set that focuses on the new stuff as I love the last 3 albums (other than a couple of weaker songs on DOD)

+ 666

Probably the band that I seen more times live, and some fresh new songs are always welcome.

Slightly offtopic: anyone noticed the differences in guitar tone (even in the same riff!) on Brave New World, just listen to the first chorus of the song Brave New World where there are open chords (left channel), it's like two or three chords are played with one tone then the other ones with another amp or setting. I always found this awkward. Wonder if this is something done on purpose (what motivation could this possibly have?) or can this be something like a punch-in fuck-up (maybe they punched that in with a different setting by mistake, although I'm pretty sure this is done on purpose)... I always wanted to ask that, but never got the opportunity. Wonder what you guys think of this...

Definitely makes me glad I caught the band on their "Somewhere Back In Time" tour then.
All the classic shit, no filler, just killer songs.

I have to agree with this, seeing them in that tour was probably the best thing I've ever done, but I also agree totally with this:

This is classic to maiden, their regular setlists are always filled with new songs from the latest album, and I think it's ok cause people have heard all those classic sooo many times already.

personally if I hear Fear of the dark again I will put a bullet to my head, I am TIRED of that song, be it on a stereo, be it a cover version at a show, whatever, EXCEPT in a Maiden concert. I am also so tired of hearing covers of slayer's Reign in Blood, after seeing Slayer themselves play that song, seeing Vader do it meant absolutely nothing to me

I know everyone hates the Blaze material, but I'd love to see a continuation of their Early Days/Somewhere Back In Time concept - a tour covering No Prayer through Virtual XI. I would probably die on the spot if I ever heard Judas Be My Guide live.