New Mastodon...

new mastodon = metallized pink floyd
not bad but it's very different than the first two releases.
i'm waiting for the final version and the last track.

fucking amazing. lyrics to the title track are heavy as fuck, obviously it fucked brann up.

awaiting a better quality rip with the last track but for now this will do.

Never liked Mastodon. It just seemed like the only people going nuts over them were people who couldn't play, saying, "Duuuude, the drummer plays JAZZ!!!", as if it's some superhuman feat. I never understood the fellatio lavished upon them by the masses.

That said, the metallized pink floyd comment sounds really interesting and I'm quite curious. I'll never completely write a band off if they still put albums out and constantly evolve.

Yeah he is, not denying that, but I can name off about five drummers that I know personally who are better and who are pretty much nobodies.

It was more of a criticism against the music industry than his abilities. I just never saw what was so great about Mastodon. Just my opinion.

I remember seeing them twice before Leviathan broke loose and liking them instantly though I hadn't heard them before. Back then everybody was like "Man, these guys are so talented. It's a shame they haven't gotten a bigger audience yet..."

Fast forward two years, kids were racing to "Blood & Thunder" with their virtual pimped up Hondas through Need For Speed country and suddenly it's very much en vogue to say "Mastodon? - Uh, waaaaay overrated!".

The tides turn rather quickly...

Looking forward to the album but I'm not gonna listen to an incomplete 128 kb/s rip.

hahahaha you're a fuckin ridiculous person

lolz

And I see you're one of the people who loves to fellate them.

I got to thinking, and five drummers that I know personally that can play better is something a bit of a stretch. I can name only four.

I remember seeing them twice before Leviathan broke loose and liking them instantly though I hadn't heard them before. Back then everybody was like "Man, these guys are so talented. It's a shame they haven't gotten a bigger audience yet..."

Fast forward two years, kids were racing to "Blood & Thunder" with their virtual pimped up Hondas through Need For Speed country and suddenly it's very much en vogue to say "Mastodon? - Uh, waaaaay overrated!".

The tides turn rather quickly...

Looking forward to the album but I'm not gonna listen to an incomplete 128 kb/s rip.

It's true that many people can start a trend of disliking a band as well as liking one, but after hearing Leviathan and seeing them live, I was still unimpressed. I'm not saying they're a shitty band or untalented, I'm just saying that people give them too much credit. The drummer's a good drummer but that doesn't make the band. They did something different and it started something nice around 2003/4 in the metal scene and gave it a little breathing room for experimentation. I appreciate them for that. But I don't like their sound, style, and hype. The only thing that was remotely listenable was March of the Ants or something like that.

Again, I'm kinda looking forward to the new one because a "metallized Pink Floyd" sounds intriguing. I don't think they're a shit band or anything, just overrated.