New Megadeth

DOOSH

So Very Bored
Apr 7, 2005
Atlanta
www.lymphnode.net
So... I saw some comments on here about the new video, Set Me Free.
Yes, she's hot as hell.

But for those of you who have heard some of the other tracks (including Sleepwalker, Gears of War, & Washington Is Next) - Has Dave forgotten how to phrase a freakin' lyric?

I'm no rock star like Dave is, and I love his prior work (warts and all.. no Lemmy reference, I swear) - but it's like the riffs and drums and solos all got stepped up a notch on the new material, but his vocals are literally the worst. Not his singing, really (we know Dave's challenged) - but the phrasing.

Sounds like he's forcing lines, squeezing stuff in, and sometimes just spewing whatever.

What is he doing?

Am I insane, somehow missing how it's actually good or something?

-D

Got to see Megadeth open up for Heaven & Hell here in san Diego thursday and Washington is next sounded very good live, actually Megadeth sounded really raw in your face a lot better that the last 2 gigantour shows IMO.

I nearly bought One Night in Beunos Aires yesterday ($25 at JB for local Aussies) ... wish I did now. The setlist is pretty much what they've been playing for the last 2 years on Gigantour and Blackmail the Universe Tour.

Anyone got this DVD and is it any good?

I nearly bought One Night in Beunos Aires yesterday ($25 at JB for local Aussies) ... wish I did now. The setlist is pretty much what they've been playing for the last 2 years on Gigantour and Blackmail the Universe Tour.

Anyone got this DVD and is it any good?

The audience's performance alone is worth the price. You need to hear it to believe it. The band is good too.

I heard the whole album, actually I'm listening to it right now (it's out there for those interested...)

It's pretty good, but nothing mind blowing so far... But yeah, DOOSH, he sings in a different way from previous preformances... his phrasings are indeed a bit weird, but since it happens a lot in the album I guess that's what he was going for that...

The songs ain't super heavy but they are pretty good, some excellent and well placed heavy riffs here and there, deff not RIP part 2, but it holds up pretty well with the prevoius albums.

Too bad about ATLM (Set me free) wasting space on the album... I'd rather have a new song instead of a subpar remix of an old one, but I guess that was RoadRunner's descicion... Another Reason why I hate RR... And now we'll have to miss two songs that'll be on special editions or japanese or whatever but we get Set me Free with that chick that doesn't really sing that well... wooo :rolleyes: Too bad about Lisa Marie Presley getting scraped out, I reckon it would've been much better...

Production is superb... as expected with Andy Sneap.

What record of their would you most aliken it to?

Is it similar to The System Has Failed, cause that was kinda what I would've expected.

It's a lot heavier than System and has much better production.
I think it's most similar to Countdown To Extinction in parts but at the same time completely different sounding.

What record of their would you most aliken it to?

Is it similar to The System Has Failed, cause that was kinda what I would've expected.

Well it is like TSHF in the sense that it is diverse as far as musical styles go. It has lots of different rythms and sounds (which is nice, don't like when thet get stuck on two riffs) It is also a bit heavier, though not much faster. I wouldn't say it's like CTE at all...

Or if you like, it's Megadeth's WCFYA to Megadeth's ATL... or somethin' :oops:

And unlike Doosh, I'm really liking Dave's new approach in his singing... it's really a departure from his previous vox... but it works...

edit: Oh and surprisingly enough, my fav song at the momment is United Abominations... It's weird but very cool...