New Megadeth

I nearly bought One Night in Beunos Aires yesterday ($25 at JB for local Aussies) ... wish I did now. The setlist is pretty much what they've been playing for the last 2 years on Gigantour and Blackmail the Universe Tour.

Anyone got this DVD and is it any good?

Yeah ive got it, I bought it last weekend because i saw it sitting in Target for $20 aussie. Its a good dvd, the band he has with him now are great too, though i think theres been a lineup change since this show. Worth checking out if your a Megadeth fan.

Yeah ive got it, I bought it last weekend because i saw it sitting in Target for $20 aussie. Its a good dvd, the band he has with him now are great too, though i think theres been a lineup change since this show. Worth checking out if your a Megadeth fan.

Another line-up change???

I didn't know about that.

i listened to the whole album & it sounds like TWNAH meets TSHF. its typical Megadeth. ill add it to my collection when it comes out

so far, I think United Abominations is my favorite too. Because of how much I like A Tout Le Monde, I still listen to this new version. I'll be buying it when it comes out.
I think musically, it's a return back to Countdown To Extinction type, but lyrically, it's more a mix of each album. Each song is different though, so it's not the same thing over and over again at least.

"Obtained" it last night and gave it a listen in the car today. Now, mind you, I have yet to listen to TSHF - sorry, just never been at the top of my priority list - but I kinda liked "United Abominations". Seems like it's Mustaine at his most political. Noticed the different vocal pattern for Mustaine as well - took a little time to adjust to.

Gotta admit, I think this is the kind of album that needs to grow on you, and I've only given it one cursory listen, but thought it was a damn sight better than "Risk" or "The World Needs A Hero".

For that matter, I've listened to about half of the new Rush - is it me, or is this one light on the guitar solos?

"Obtained" it last night and gave it a listen in the car today. Now, mind you, I have yet to listen to TSHF - sorry, just never been at the top of my priority list -
For that matter, I've listened to about half of the new Rush - is it me, or is this one light on the guitar solos?

You should check out TSHF. Good stuff!:headbang:

New Rush cd comes out tomorrow. I'll try to make it to the store!

If Dave would have hired a decent singer back in the day, Megadeth would have been a much bigger band. His vocals have always been the worst part of every Megadeth album---to the point where it makes it hard for me to listen to them. Definitely my least favorite band of the "big four."

I like Dave's singing actually. I would rate the big 4 Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica then Slayer.

The more I listen to UA, the more I like the music. Listening to Dave live hurts now though. Like on Rude Awakening, the first couple songs were really good, but then his voice started going some.

If Dave would have hired a decent singer back in the day, Megadeth would have been a much bigger band. His vocals have always been the worst part of every Megadeth album---to the point where it makes it hard for me to listen to them. Definitely my least favorite band of the "big four."

I disagree. I think Mustaines vocals made them stand out from most other bands. It's like saying that Motorhead would be bigger if they had hired Joe Lynn Turner from Rainbow. Sure, Turner's got a great voice, but it wouldn't be Motorhead.

Don't mind this record so far after 1 listen. I reakon it'll be a grower.

Interesting album... as Timmy said - its a grower though.

That new version of A Toute le Cristina Scabbia is a hottie Monde has really grown on me.

Also kudos to the rest of the band. The Drover bros are great - probably the best lineup Dave's had since Menza, Ellufson and Friedmen were in the band.

I'm pumped for this. I read that Dave said this is the best produced album he's put out. Really looking forward to this, Systematic Chaos, and Framing Armageddon, and possibly if Anthrax goes through with this new album.

I've heard a few songs, boring and uninteresting. A Tout le Monde really sucks balls. I accept that Dave doesn't play metal any more, but if his songwriting is so tepid and uninspired, he should retire.