New Megadeth

Whilst I don't always agree with Dave's politics the new album is very good.

Heck, if I think about it, if I didn't listen to half of my music due to opposition of their beliefs, opinions I wouldn't even be listening to 99% of my current favourite bands.

Anyway UA is actually a very good album.

I don´t agree with Steeles political opinions but Type O are still a funny bunch of fuckers in a industry who are scared stiff of having fun. That´s a common thing with many bands I love.

Yes,you are right I like Dio!!!And I like Anthrax as well, w/Bush on vocals(Belladonna sucks!!!).And the new Megadeth is an average cd,sounds like So far...So Good...,what the hell is 2007 not 1988!!!Where are the classic riffs(see Trust,Die Dead Enough,Dread and the fugitive mind or Tornado of souls)???Where???I'll give an 5 out of 10 for the new Megadeth.Even Risk is better than this new one!!!But it's o.k,there are other great albums coming out soon(Ozzy,U.D.O,Scorpions),so I'm not going to complain too much about Mustaine&Co.

It's ok, I was only joking.

...but do you really think The Scorpions sound fresh?

So I bought it, and it hasn't left my CD player...

I skip the 1st track (sleepwalker), the title track and Amerikastahn or whatever it is..

Sleepwalker seems to me to be the worst offender of what I was posting about to begin with - the forced sounding vocal phrasing.

The rest of it holds together really well.

-DOOSH

The title track is my fav off the new disk - the album as a whole is really a faster, more agressive "System" IMO - not a bad thing at all :headbang:

Finally picked it up yesterday. I think it's a great album. I sort of strayed away from Megadeth in the last ten years, aside from a few tunes, but I think this is Dave's best in a long time.

Bought it today and after listening through it here´s my opinion. Musicwise it´s pretty solid, nifty solos and I think the Drovers and James do a good job. I like this line-up and the production too.

I don´t have a problem with Daves new way of singing verses. It´s like noting he has done before but I can´t say it bothers me.

However, the thing I´m hung up over is that stupid "Jack Bauer"-text on the back of the booklet. The album have the "Fuck the UN, arabs gonna get smacked"-theme but what is that retarded text about, comparing a fictional character from a TV-series (that I feel ran out of energy in the second season) with Megadeth?

Better than the last three offerings from the band, 7/10.

Picked it up earlier today. I find that none of the chorus' were really catchy. I don't know just seemed weird to me. But the instrumentals are great and Daves voice is still cool. Killer album.

new album is pretty good i love the song washington is next and sleepwalker but it kinda urked me how political it was especially the song amerikasta..i really hated that track

all in all i think dave accomplished making a successful album and it is definitly worth buying :)