New Metallica Vid

Maybe I misunderstood something, but didn't James say at the beginning of the video that there were no words?

give 'em a break you guys. I mean sure it isn't that great ... ok ... it's really bad, but really, there aren't any bands that old still writing viable music. It's just the way it works. As long as they are still here playing live I'll love em. Try to get that video with them playing ALL of MoP, it seriously rips. I just hate how much shit Metallica have to take when Slayer have been serving us shit for just as long (even longer if you happen to like TBA - ReLoad like I happen to) yet are still praised for giving us gayer versions of riffs they wrote 20 years ago. "Religion is hate, religion is war, religion's a whore!" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Fistertain said:
give 'em a break you guys. I mean sure it isn't that great ... ok ... it's really bad, but really, there aren't any bands that old still writing viable music. It's just the way it works. As long as they are still here playing live I'll love em. Try to get that video with them playing ALL of MoP, it seriously rips. I just hate how much shit Metallica have to take when Slayer have been serving us shit for just as long (even longer if you happen to like TBA - ReLoad like I happen to) yet are still praised for giving us gayer versions of riffs they wrote 20 years ago. "Religion is hate, religion is war, religion's a whore!" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
1) So we should still praise metallica even though they write music that, quoting you, is "really bad"?
2) Ask people around here what they think about slayer, and you'll find out how unappreciated they are.

Fistertain said:
there aren't any bands that old still writing viable music.

Megadeth and King Diamond. Their recent releases may not be as good as the early stuff, but it's not total shit like Metallica.

I quite like it. It doesnt repeat 3 riffs endlessly for 6 minutes, and there was actually a solo. I consider this progress from the angsty dustbin repeato-bollocks on St Anger. FFS let us encourage the poor bastards, they need some loving support. Death is not the end. Thus has the blasphemer of this thread spoken.

well sure Megadeth still creates what some would call "metal" but its hardly inspired. King Daimond as a band is not even as old as Metallica, sure the ol Kingy was in Merciful Fate but its easy to keep music fresh when you have a completely new band of musicians. This is getting off base here, basically all Im saying is that while we can bash Metallicas new material all we want, we shouldnt forget their legacy, it seems trendy now to denounce Metallica and its pretty sad. People praise bands like Testament, Overkill, Death Angel and Destruction all well disowning the band that not only made it possible for those bands to get ANY sort popularity, but pretty much dictated how they would play metal years before they were doing anything important. Just remember that Metallica are the godfathers, forget their new music, noone will blame you. DONT FORGET THE HOLY QUADRINITY of 80s thrash ... Metallicas first 4 albums.

We all worship Metallica's first 4 albums. Hell, they're on my top 10 list of all time. But that doesn't mean we have to like their new albums, nor does it mean we have to support them. If we bought any of their good albums, thats as much support they need. I do own all their stuff, yes, so this is quite contradicting, but thats because I didn't know what I was getting into either one. I can tell you I will NOT be buying their newest one though. YAY for downloading.