New Metallica

I can really live with the new song (Moth into flame). The mix/master is MUCH better than on the "Death Magnetic" album imo. It's a bit funny, how the kick is quite pronounced, but that's just Lars. On the black album the kick is very present, too.

I've listened to it 3 times now and I'm really diggin the song. Except the chorus seems a bit getting used to for me.

Interpreting the lyrics, I think "Moth into flame" is the struggle between Mothra and Godzilla. Their never ending battle and the lives affected by it.

Moth.jpg

Better than the boring "new" shit that Metallica has been putting out, lately.

I like the 2 new songs and think a bunch of old men with millions (or is it billions?) of dollars and no reason to be angry are doing a pretty killer job.

Snares, snares every where

takatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakatakataka

They've released a video for like every song on this new album. The videos are boring as shit and so are the songs. Go home Metallica, you're drunk.

They've released a video for like every song on this new album. The videos are boring as shit and so are the songs. Go home Metallica, you're drunk.
I havent listened to it as a whole except the 2 songs they released a while ago but I have to say I really enjoyed Halo On Fire

you know what makes this much more enjoyable for me? if i think of metallica as a really heavy rock band instead of a thrash band that used to be good in the 80s. that said, i think this album is much better than death magnetic and the mix definitely seems better on the newest videos for some reason (maybe the early videos were a rough mix/master?) and the bass is more audible. guitars and kick still sound wack though and the snare might as well be a casio keyboard. honestly for the sake of rock and metal in general we should all be hoping that this album does well.

Reactions: Phil_ocean
i think this album is much better than death magnetic
Gotta disagree with you. I know music is subjective, but Death Magnetic had better song structure and kept my attention throughout the whole album. I bought the physical CD of it. Hardwired...to Self-Destruct is just boring. The intros all sound the same. The songwriting is bland. This is a swing-and-a-miss for me. YMMV

YMMV indeed. I think the production grabbed me more (hard not to without the brickwall mix) and they also seem more focused on this album. death magnetic had a lot of thrashier riffs, which i like, but the vocals to me are much stronger on the new one and the direction of the band seems a lot more together and less frenetic.

again, dont think of this as a band that used to be cool. fully embrace the dad metal :D

Something that works with about every song fromthe new album : play it at 1.5 times the normal speed,instant thrash metal.
Too bad Lars can't play that...

Very good and fair review of the album. I agree with his rating of the album. You can skip to the last 5 minutes if you don't feel like watching the whole thing.