New music: What's everybody listening to?

new music worth checking out:

Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress
Communic - Waves of Visual Decay
Tool - 10,000 Days
Sylvan - Posthumous Silence
Dark Lunacy - The Diarist
Distorted - Memorial
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse
Vanden Plas - Christ0
Jørn - The Duke
Cloudscape - Crimson Skies
Amorphis - Eclipse
The Goo Goo Dolls - Let Love In

all of these, I believe, are 2006. sure beats whining on a forum about news from a band

RAGE - Speak of the Dead
Bumblefoot - Normal
Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? (I know it came out last year but I've been addicted to it recently)

and in a month Im sure I'll be rockin to:

Persuader - When Eden Burns

Nocturnal Swede said:
Beyond Twilight, for the love of art and the making!

Fuck yeah!! This CD is amazing, I got it in the mail yesterday. I set up every bit of the album's info on metal-archives, hehe. Took like 2 hours total... Add that to the time it took to rename every track so I can listen to it on the computer... :zombie:

Have you been able to find the 3 hidden sections? There's nothing after the last track, nothing before the 1st one as far as I know... (they did it on The Black Halo...) and no extra tracks in my computer browser. :err:

Kenneth R. said:

I have a question about this band.. did they give up the awful boy-band vocals seen in the Symmetric in Design album? Music-wise I liked the album, growling-wise I was liking it.. then the backstreet-boy-reject kicks in and I'm horrified!

I'm addicted to COB - Hatebreeder atm.

Kenneth R. said:
uh... they didn't. but backstreet boys? they sound more like swanö to me, which isn't a bad thing at all

Hey no Backstreet Boys jokes here. I actually like ONE (only one btw) song by them. That song "Incomplete" has those beautiful strings and piano in it. I thought that it was someone else when I happened upon it at work. I thought it was a pretty high quality song.

Bryant

I've been into Alogia lately. They are a serbian metal band who have performed in front of a 30000 person audience in serbia according to their website.... i think.

Someone got me into Pain of Salvation a few wks ago too. They are really interesting.

SilentRealm said:
I have a question about this band.. did they give up the awful boy-band vocals seen in the Symmetric in Design album? Music-wise I liked the album, growling-wise I was liking it.. then the backstreet-boy-reject kicks in and I'm horrified!

I'm addicted to COB - Hatebreeder atm.

This new one is faaar better than the first one IMHO.
The choruses are also less cheezy.

NoSoup4you said:
Fuck yeah!! This CD is amazing, I got it in the mail yesterday. I set up every bit of the album's info on metal-archives, hehe. Took like 2 hours total... Add that to the time it took to rename every track so I can listen to it on the computer... :zombie:

Have you been able to find the 3 hidden sections? There's nothing after the last track, nothing before the 1st one as far as I know... (they did it on The Black Halo...) and no extra tracks in my computer browser. :err:

Yeah, it´s really awesome!!
I haven´t found anything either.. Been too busy listening to in repeat :)

Coroner - Punishment for Decadence
Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns
Studio leak of Symphony X's new album!

...just kidding....

I wish I had those; then again, maybe they'd turn me into an update obsessive psychotic that would be waiting outside the record store at 3AM waiting for the album to come in If I did.

I'm not really that big on the typical prog-metal anymore.. well at least not the neo-classical stuff. My musical taste has definately changed, dare I say it moved forward. I'm strangely enough still psyched about hearing a new Symphony X album though.

I've been very into the following albums lately.

Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
Coheed and Cambria - IV (Good Apollo I'm Bur... etc.)
Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse (though I'm bored by it by now)
Godspeed you Black Emperor! - Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven
In Flames - Come Clarity
Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Kanye West - Late Registration
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Tool - 10000 Days, Lateralus, Aenima
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun, In Absentia, Deadwing
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
Jeff Buckley - Grace
some Radiohead