new music

Jun 1, 2008
I know this is a very selfish type of thread but please help me.
I am in a spot of bother as i cant seem to really sink my teeth into any metal anymore. (apart from the bands listed below, i just want something new)

Its all boring, but I may be looking in all the wrong places.

I am into bands like Opeth, Anata, bloodbath, Grand Magus i dont mind a bit of metallica, Dio, black sabbath. basically genre wise, Prog, black metal, death metal, traditional metal.

i dont like bands like Atreyu, in flames, lacuna coil etc.

if you could help, you would be repaid in the fact of knowing that you saved a metal brotheren in need :loco:

in metal, check out:

deathspell omega
enslaved
dodheimsgard
edge of sanity
meshuggah

to be honest there's only a handful of artists in metal i can listen to on a regular basis... it's not just you.

yeh i didnt think i was the only one, but i used to thrash out on a daily basis, now i just listen to Burden over and over again lol

also neurosis, nachtmystium, wolves in the throne room, primordial (I especially love the newest), Cynic and Atheist aren't really new, but whatever they're... ahead of their time, Esoteric, ummmm Gorguts,

you know, just listen to Sol Niger Within

Also feel free to use the search engine, they have tons of great recommendations. Just takes some patience, some time on Youtube and some hit and misses and you'll have tons of great new music.

I've been looking around trying to find more metal and most recently, I enjoyed November's Doom (specifically The Pale Haunt Departure album) a bit.

"Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative. "

there goes that idea

Daylight Dies, Dark Funeral (really liked Attera Totus Sanctus), Agalloch, Katatonia, Dark Tranquility... being more specific would help us help you :)

Doesn't anyone dig for music on their own anymore? A combination of wiki, myspace, pandora, last fm and blog search is all you will ever need. I find it a lot more satisfying finding a great band on my own without being told whats great.

Doesn't anyone dig for music on their own anymore? A combination of wiki, myspace, pandora, last fm and blog search is all you will ever need. I find it a lot more satisfying finding a great band on my own without being told whats great.
Theres nothing wrong with asking for recommendations.

For traditional metal, try Primal Fear, newer band with an older style
Also check out Pain of Salvation, Orphaned Land, Primordial

Esoteric
Enslaved
Weakling
Akercocke
Kayo Dot
Neurosis
Isis
Cult Of Luna
Callisto
Emeperor
Negură Bunget
Deathspell Omega
Blut Aus Nord
Primordial
Mastodon
Thee Maldoror Kollective
Arcturus
Solefald
Manes
Nachtmystium
Shining (the swedish band)
The Axis of Perdition
Vehementer Nos
Wolves In The Throne Room
Cynic
Lykathea Aflame
In the Woods...
Genghis Tron
Thorns

Fuck it.. That's shitloads of artists for you to be checking out - most likely won't like all or many of them.. But hey, you said you were bored with metal.. And these guys may help spark something..

Maybe you should look outside of the metal genre altogether if you're bored with it? It's not a crime to have a taste broader than metal and 'rock'.