new opeth/ jens borgen

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
are you kidding me?

this album is ridiculous and the mix is even better than ghost reveries which i thought would be impossible to accomplish.

jens is unreal.

ps - i'm sure i missed most of the threads when this album leaked but call me crazy i like to wait until the release date and just buy the cd. besides i couldn't find any other dedicated opeth post.

ps 2 - does anyone know if the alice in chains cover is only on the vinyl edition???

It's not on the "collectors edition" of the CD anyway, thats got the dvd with the rehersal tapes and 3 bonus tracks. I was kinda dissappointed with that cause I'd heard they were doing it and I love alice in chains so was really hoping to get to hear it.

Haven't listened to the cd much yet, only got it yesterday. i too waited till it came out-unlike my friends who insisted telling what's different and how the new drummer is and stuff after they downloaded it. The mix does indeed sound savage

I like it, it's a great album for sure and the production is amazing. Still I feel it may take time to grow on me. It's definitely different with the new lineup, in many ways "better" but I'm not used to it. For me Ghost Reveries was a high point and really hard to top.

I think this album is really amazing. One day before the release date I went through several record stores in Hamburg and was lucky to find a place that already got their shipment.
Have listened to it constantly since then and it is indeed a grower.
I like it better than Ghost Reveries, mostly because there are songs on Ghost Reveries that I tended to skip after a while. Watershed to me feels more consistent as an album, and I especially like the atmosphere and experiments/new elements.

Actually I bought the Special Edition as well a few days ago after seeing there's an extra song on it (and I can just sell my regular edition).
That said, I'm gonna watch the documentary right now. :)

As for the AIC cover, apparently Mike was not happy with the result (said it sounded just like the original but not as good). So it's not clear if it will ever be released.

I like the album a lot. The production is amazing as well. Of all the things to really love, I think the oboe & flute sound great. I want to know what he used to record them and how he did it. I have done a little bit of that in school so I am pretty curious.

I'm waiting for my bigass vinyl/DVD/cd/poster combo to arrive... but yeah, the production on this is fucking stellar. Almost everything Jens touches is near aural perfection - the latest Daylight Dies sounds killer, and I can't wait to see how the upcoming Amon Amarth turns out.

Wouh, I just came back from the store to my office with it and listening to it right now.

Blown away by "Burden" on the first spin.

This sound is perfect.