New Opeth

yeah but there are so many bands out there, it's pretty useful somehow. if i had to look for something new, i'm not gonna look in the acid jazz category.

Originally posted by intet
:mad: Deliverance? i've heard it. and i've heard it all before.. the album is unoriginal, useless crap.

Do it better before you call somebodys work "unoriginal useless crap" :mad: :mad:
People who don´t respect other peoples work (even if they don´t like it) make me sick!!

Originally posted by Eos
Do it better before you call somebodys work "unoriginal useless crap" :mad: :mad:
:rolleyes: oh come on.. that's the lamest argument in existence. can't believe people still use that.
Originally posted by Eos
People who don´t respect other peoples work (even if they don´t like it) make me sick!![/B]
:lol: go get tickets to see Oprah. i'm sure you'll find it a strong religous experience. :p something that does not deserve respect should not recieve it. Opeth can do better, otherwise their thousands of fans are just kidding themselves. they can't all be wrong, can they? sure they can.

Originally posted by intet
:rolleyes: oh come on.. that's the lamest argument in existence. can't believe people still use that.

:lol: go get tickets to see Oprah. i'm sure you'll find it a strong religous experience. :p something that does not deserve respect should not recieve it. Opeth can do better, otherwise their thousands of fans are just kidding themselves. they can't all be wrong, can they? sure they can.

It's just true :p :p :p I agree with Eos on that one! It's like sol saying: music is a matter of taste... I won't let my grandfather take a listen to Soulfly, Maiden or even Anathema & Radiohead... he just won't like it... and those are good! Keep in mind there's a difference between liking and being good music.
I'm not liking Cradle of Filth or Dimmu Borgir, but I have to say they are pretty inventive when it comes to Pandametal :lol:
Amen

Hohoho, people aren't replying on this one anymore..., if it is 'bout the Amen, sorry 'bout that one, that was not the meaning of it... :)

Originally posted by Mariner
Hohoho, people aren't replying on this one anymore..., if it is 'bout the Amen, sorry 'bout that one, that was not the meaning of it... :)

Hmm, it wasn´t about the Amen.. I just asn´t reading the thread anymore since I notice pretty fast when it´s useless for me to discuss with somebody :p:p

Originally posted by LordPaul
Sorry to drag up an old o/t topic, but where on earth have you "Heard it all before"?

I'm not saying Opeth are utterly unique, but they certainly aren't very unoriginal

Nowadays it's hard to make something unique wit the common instruments they use... perhaps you can start something with distorted violins :eek: and guitars without snares or something....

There are much ways explored yet now, ot you have to do it better, or you have to try something new (like Opeth... except Katatonia there are not much ressemblances, is it?)

Maybe you guys noticed i were listening to Still Life few days ago. Have it 4 days now :) :) :)

And this s what I want to say: great album! no doubt! (except the way too long intro... *sigh*) I have Blackwater Park too for like 6 months or something... and this one is just superior!!! In my opinion SL should be used to describe the strength of BP!
Now if the new one is even better............ :) :) :)

Maybe you guys noticed i were listening to Still Life few days ago. Have it 4 days now :) :) :)

Still Life is one of my favourites and it has one of the best covers ever!! Actually this cover brought me into Opeth *g*. I saw a postcard of it and I liked it so much that I listened to the CD and bought it :D :D

The new one is boring, just like BP, I just think the songs drag on too long, and the fans treat them like Demi-Gods, I mean there are better bands out there.

Originally posted by HarmonyDies....
The new one is boring, just like BP

Well cosidering that the growling vocals and the fast parts in general are much heavier, that they use much more instruments than on the last CDs and more effects on the vocals... yeah, call the CD "just like BP" if you like :p ;)

And this s what I want to say: great album! no doubt! (except the way too long intro... *sigh*) I have Blackwater Park too for like 6 months or something... and this one is just superior!!! In my opinion SL should be used to describe the strength of BP!
Now if the new one is even better............ :) :) :)
:eek:Have you actually ever heard allmighty Morningrise??? There's no single other album that comes even close to it, except Metallica's Master of Puppets (imo ofcourse)

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
:eek:Have you actually ever heard allmighty Morningrise??? There's no single other album that comes even close to it, except Metallica's Master of Puppets (imo ofcourse)

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you again, Think Blackwaterpark is better. Maybe has to do with hearing that album before morningrise.

By the way where do you stay in Amsterdam ? kunnen elkaar zomaar tegenkomen op straat.

Originally posted by HarmonyDies....
The new one is boring, just like BP, I just think the songs drag on too long, and the fans treat them like Demi-Gods, I mean there are better bands out there.

im really curious to know which bands they are. and, HarmonyDies...., please dont give me dream theater.