New possible spins on upcoming Opeth record...

kataklysm795 said:
^lol ya hihg 5 man

IJ UST THOTHG OF SOJETMHING

what if mikul painted a badasz drgon on his gutirar!! i think tihs is a gud idea bcause my art tecaher mr grnwald (wee call him mr greenwaldo :rofl: teehe) neways he sayes thta ivzual aides r fery fery inportant to the musical process so if u have a guitarr thats rad but a guitar with a drargon is radder because drgons dont care if u get burnt thye just fly rounda and lsiten to powr metalhereisadragon

dragon.gif

omg im so amp'D right now i think im gununna do som jumping jacks whatdoyouguysthink?!?1/1

People like you should run our country.

I creamed my pants when I read your idea for the dragon on the guitar. And maybe Mikeal can also sing with power metal vocals.

Yea, some times a I think Im a fucking genuis or some shit.

DietCoke said:
No... by Per I meant Pear. He does back up singing in concert. Perhaps he'll be put to use on the next album? Yay or nay?

I vote yay!
He should play the organ, like back in the day.

DietCoke said:
No... by Per I meant Pear. He does back up singing in concert. Perhaps he'll be put to use on the next album? Yay or nay?
I know you meant Per, but I don't think he will be singing on the next album, but it depends on the producer I guess.

SextoyAddiction said:
People like you should run our country.

I creamed my pants when I read your idea for the dragon on the guitar. And maybe Mikeal can also sing with power metal vocals.

Yea, some times a I think Im a fucking genuis or some shit.

ur advice is dumb like a big old dodo bird mikul shuldnt sing pwer vocls >_< he is a nutaral baritone and only has a 3 octafe rnge >_<_><_> >}}}D <-- lolfish i no musical thery kthx i took it for olmost awhole simester ok?1 let ppl like me handel itlol neways

btw my uncel jebby ownes floreda alredy xd

MasterOLightning said:
-Vocal experimentation aside from just using effects. Maybe spoken vocals, or different growled styles.

-Allow the keys or bass to carry parts of songs. Mendez has shown to be a solid bassist, and he could easily pull off a bass lead over subdued guitars at certain points.

-Varying solo locations.

I like these

- appropriate song lengths, don't force it
Asinine. If you were a musician you would be able to comprehend the fact that the song ends when the creator feels the idea is completed comprehensively, with the right clarity and balance of ideas, which is subjective.

Vocal effects? Weird instruments? Nah. Contrapunality, long flowing melodies, less repetition, more variation instead. More development of themes in a song. I'm pretty confident in Mikaels writing, his ideas will continue expanding his boundaries. If only he'd take Shostakovich for some insparation. <3

I would like more of the Still Life style mixed with what they accomplished on Ghost Reveries. While GR wasn't my favorite album of Opeth, a bad Opeth album is ten times better than 80% of the recycled garbage out there. I hope they just keep doing what they have done for years. Record a great album. I'm sure I won't be dissapointed.

hiho there.

for me GR was a step in a certain direction, which was not absolutley the most positive one; plus undoubtly lame execution.

The prog debate: i don´t want to listen to the thousands band claiming they got to know where the musical creativity is hidden and inevitable telling you, they got clue either, how to discover spoken of. So please no more tendencies towards the most lame genres of all, the "progressive" one.

really progressive music, inherent meaning of the word, would be mitey fine and equally appreciated.

Concerning the riffs on GR and on past albums: The start of using "intricate" rhythms is a fact to appreciate, but, please, stop being so half hearted.

its like, "there is math out there, lets count from 1 to 4!!!"
what about logarithm, radicals, and so on?

the death metal parts, equally what i said about the riffs, stop being so half hearted, the drumming, the singing, the lyrics ( weakest point in whole opeth history imo...-.-) and so on.

Everything a combination of different elements, and everything executed to max 50 %. They set themselves and the listener betwenn every chair, but are not able to provide comfort sitting on the floor, by erasing the last bit of civilisation and create a feeling of the listener with music, and the music alone.

i´d like Opeth to be extreme, not in the sense of shocking or whatever, but to go every road until its turning point and come back and draw a map, which is rather complete. Mikael developed in the mean time the compositional skill to tie every element to eachs succesor in and smooth way, in comparison to Black Rose Immortal for example.

but well, just my wishes...;)

Opacum Diluculum said:
hiho there.

for me GR was a step in a certain direction, which was not absolutley the most positive one; plus undoubtly lame execution.

The prog debate: i don&#180;t want to listen to the thousands band claiming they got to know where the musical creativity is hidden and inevitable telling you, they got clue either, how to discover spoken of. So please no more tendencies towards the most lame genres of all, the "progressive" one.

really progressive music, inherent meaning of the word, would be mitey fine and equally appreciated.

Concerning the riffs on GR and on past albums: The start of using "intricate" rhythms is a fact to appreciate, but, please, stop being so half hearted.

its like, "there is math out there, lets count from 1 to 4!!!"
what about logarithm, radicals, and so on?

the death metal parts, equally what i said about the riffs, stop being so half hearted, the drumming, the singing, the lyrics ( weakest point in whole opeth history imo...-.-) and so on.

Everything a combination of different elements, and everything executed to max 50 %. They set themselves and the listener betwenn every chair, but are not able to provide comfort sitting on the floor, by erasing the last bit of civilisation and create a feeling of the listener with music, and the music alone.

i&#180;d like Opeth to be extreme, not in the sense of shocking or whatever, but to go every road until its turning point and come back and draw a map, which is rather complete. Mikael developed in the mean time the compositional skill to tie every element to eachs succesor in and smooth way, in comparison to Black Rose Immortal for example.

but well, just my wishes...;)
please no more badly written posts filled with half hearted criticism intended to point out flaws in a band like Opeth, while failing in of itself to be coherent, let alone cohesive...