New possible spins on upcoming Opeth record...

metal_wrath said:
please no more badly written posts filled with half hearted criticism intended to point out flaws in a band like Opeth, while failing in of itself to be coherent, let alone cohesive...

God almighty, I agree with MetalWrath?!

metal_wrath said:
please no more badly written posts filled with half hearted criticism intended to point out flaws in a band like Opeth, while failing in of itself to be coherent, let alone cohesive...

so i am sorry to have not reached your high set standards concerning skill of expression.
Besides i am sorry to have criticised a band like Opeth, and even furthermore i am utterly ashamed of myself, as i seem not to have digested what exactly "to point out flaws in a band like Opeth" means. There are no flaws in Opeth? Opeth are a single accumulation of the concept failure and thus speaking for themselves?

As you seem to have a problem with uncoherent/cohesive post:
I am sorry, i did not suspect Opeth fans to attach importance to and to be capable of grasping the inherent scent of the type of statement you seem to arrogate.

Opacum Diluculum said:
so i am sorry to have not reached your high set standards concerning skill of expression.
Besides i am sorry to have criticised a band like Opeth, and even furthermore i am utterly ashamed of myself, as i seem not to have digested what exactly "to point out flaws in a band like Opeth" means. There are no flaws in Opeth? Opeth are a single accumulation of the concept failure and thus speaking for themselves?

As you seem to have a problem with uncoherent/cohesive post:
I am sorry, i did not suspect Opeth fans to attach importance to and to be capable of grasping the inherent scent of the type of statement you seem to arrogate.
I was simply using your writing style :Smug: And making the point that you have no right to criticize such an accomplished band without noting that it is your own opinion and also you don't seem to be in a position to criticize a band like Opeth. And I am still trying to figure out your above post ^

metal_wrath said:
I was simply using your writing style :Smug: And making the point that you have no right to criticize such an accomplished band without noting that it is your own opinion and also you don't seem to be in a position to criticize a band like Opeth. And I am still trying to figure out your above post ^

hei, i never criticized your writing style :)

and that this was my opinion, thats something i tend to forget mentioning, as i am tired of all the "imos", "as i see this" etc bla bla...so just imagine an imo behind every sentence ;)
Critic is allways and nothing but an opinion.
i was never fond of the idea, only the one par to par to the criticized object may be allowed to do so, but i listen and analyze music long enough, to be competent enough to critized opeth, even if my competence to do so may be not deduceable by my first post ;)

Great opening words NFU

I'd also love to hear more experimental stuff, more jamlike parts and they should get back to some jazzy riffs like they had on still life...

Netheral said:
they should get back to some jazzy riffs like they had on still life...

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:eek:
I dunno what to say. The band to me does somethign old, something new, and ... well, you get the saying....
I never have had an affliction like what I have with Opeth, so comparitively speaking, anything they do will work for me. I really like Orchid, GR, and the DD combo (deliverence and damnation), so anything really...

As for Opacum Diluculum,
I kind of get what you are saying, but that is if you don't really like Opeth.
I really like their music, so I just don't understand what you mean by half hearted, and 50%. Their music sounds 100% awe-inspiring to me. Please PM me some songs you feel that make opeth sound like 50%. Cause if What I feel is 50% of something a different band has, then I'd like to hear it.

I would just like to point out though, that sometimes your sentances run on, and their meaning gets lost in highways and biways of language. *not trying to be rude or insulting, just trying to clear some things up so flaming is kept at a minimum*
Also I knew it was your opinion when you said "but well, just my wishes..." :)

I find that on Ghost Reveries, a lot of the songs had a similar structure. Less repetition would be cool.

Sean Casey said:
I find that on Ghost Reveries, a lot of the songs had a similar structure. Less repetition would be cool.

yup, sounds like it...

bunch of killer riffs, killer acoustic passage, bunch of killer riffs, etc.

i think :kickass: .......
they should do a pure instrumental album, head back to the Morningrise instrument setup but use thier vast years of knowledge and experience to make it rok harder. and only use very occasional singing & growling,
of course that means Akerfeldt would have to step up his song writing
wouldn't that just piss off a whole buncha people :kickass:

also i hope they don't force some of the songs like they did on GR,

I mean I fucking loved GR but some songs seemd forced or too long.

One thing I loved about GR to was that the album was a story like SL, MAYH, and BP.

I hope they stay away from this format next time around. :Smokin:

^welcome

you'll get some shit for calling GR a "story", so i thought i'd rather give you a nice welcome before all hell breaks loose. :)

Eh, it's a partial story so whatever, not too much hell should break loose.

But I do agree with him, I would like to see some more instrumental stuff...but I don't think a whole album would do it for me. More like a three song EP (even though I can't really imagine Opeth doing that).

It just seems to me like an album would be too much, but a thirty minute EP? I'm quite down for that.