New Social Thread

Haven't seen anything since Destroyer 666...I want to see the Blind Guardian tour but I'm having second thoughts due to my insufficient Jew tokens.

its been about 2 years and I was supposed to see Arsis in NC before my brother deployed but they cancelled and watched like 6 shitty bands instead. and wont be seeing pagan altar it seems, thanks to the army. yayayayayayy

long time for me too. the next one i'm seeing is helloween/stratovarius in february.

arsis do a pretty OK show. no idea now though since james malone is all anorexic again

long time for me too. the next one i'm seeing is helloween/stratovarius in february.

arsis do a pretty OK show. no idea now though since james malone is all anorexic again

ive seen em like 3 times pre anorexia and soberism, but the new cd is pretty lame so they are basically worthless. hung out with the bassist at progpower a few years ago :loco:

zabu of nΩd;9488495 said:
So are you doing the deathfest this time, or are you going to be a worthless shitcake again?

Last year's shit wasn't my fault since my bitch of an ex broke up with me two weeks before we were slated to go. I'll see what's going on. The line-up last year was worth going to, while the one this year hasn't really excited me at all aside from Coroner and Exhorder. Once a few more big names get on there, I might take a second look at it.

Yeah this year isn't shaping up as well as last, but that doesn't really affect my decision, it's a kickass festival regardless. Forgot about your breakup right before last MDF, sorry for being a dick :p

So my hipster friend is getting into stoner stuff like Electric Wizard and Acid Witch, and while that's nice and all, I still fear its for ironic reasons and therefore am skeptical.

It's not so much that I'm trying to be an exclusive metal sort of guy. But if you're gonna like it, you should get into it gradually and legitimately.

I mean cmon, how could he like Acid Witch when his only previous metal experience is Iron Maiden? I know I wouldn't.

I dunno if it's ironic. He might just love the way it sounds. That can happen y'know. So-called hipsters are trained in having wildly broad minds when it comes to music - as long as said music is not played on Top 40 radio.