New Social Thread

Paragraph 2, how did you come to the conclusion that social feminism and alteration of the family unit are the factors to blame in increased instances of bipolar disorder, versus simply a society that's overstimulated and deluded into thinking a blue day = depression?

Some of the factors. And yes, you are correct in that "episodes" are routinely over-diagnosed, because it's profitable to start feeding someone pills, and boy do we like pills.

Some of the factors. And yes, you are correct in that "episodes" are routinely over-diagnosed, because it's profitable to start feeding someone pills, and boy do we like pills.

I'm pretty sure a lot of mild episodes are treatable with exercise, but that's too hard right?

So I'm leaving California tomorrow for good. I'm finally beginning that Air Traffic Controller career in the Netherlands! It's been a tough goodbye, probably the hardest one I've had to do. I'm feeling like a veteran of this by now, I've moved from countries and left family and friends behind three times now and it just gets worse and worse each time I do it. Hopefully this will be the last time!

I'm really going to miss California though. It doesn't help that the sun is out and frying it up in early January.

Fuck, why am I moving?

Good luck Cyanide, it's never easy to move to a completely different place and I'm sure you'll do well.

A week into my new job; it's a small office but the work is challenging. My boss dragged me to a meeting to tender for a new job on my first day. After that, got back to the office and got right straight into other work sorted out for me to do and learn from. It'll be a good learning experience, but I don't see myself doing this side of process engineering forever. It will open me up to networking with the bigger companies which will be excellent!

Career is in order, financial situation will be in a couple of weeks, music will be back in order starting tomorrow, fitness in order. Now I just need to find a place to move into and get laid :p . 2 weeks into 2012, it has been great so far.

Congrats Ein!

Just went through the first two days of the ATC training and nearly every single instructor has a thick unintelligible French accent. It's amazing how little English they speak in France. Going out to town is a pain in itself because I practically have to pantomime to communicate. I've always thought the French were just stubborn and refused to speak English, but after hearing these instructors I've come to the conclusion that these people just cannot grasp the English language.

Female marines.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................