New Social Thread

They may be more technically proficient, but that has much less value to me than the atmosphere and theatricality of Hawkwind (the way they capture the wonder of the cosmos in their early work is pretty amazing), plus the variety of styles and themes they covered throughout their career.

I just started meditating a couple days ago, and the results are already showing. I'm more peaceful, able to think myself out of loops with a lot more ease, and I'm paradoxically more relaxed and more energetic, and more "there" in the world, while still being able to immerse myself in my thoughts.

I do it in three parts, usually lasting about fifteen minutes each. The first part is emotional. I just sit still, close my eyes, and listen to music, focusing on following as much of it as I can so my mind doesn't wander. Eventually, I kind of get trapped inside and when I come out, everything looks different. The second part is sexual. I just sit still, no music on, and think about sexual experiences. The third is intellectual, where I ponder mostly Buddhist ideas.

I usually do one set of it in the morning after waking up or working out, and one at night before sleeping. I haven't done more than one set in a row, but I think I'll try that now.

I just started meditating a couple days ago, and the results are already showing. I'm more peaceful, able to think myself out of loops with a lot more ease, and I'm paradoxically more relaxed and more energetic, and more "there" in the world, while still being able to immerse myself in my thoughts.

I do it in three parts, usually lasting about fifteen minutes each. The first part is emotional. I just sit still, close my eyes, and listen to music, focusing on following as much of it as I can so my mind doesn't wander. Eventually, I kind of get trapped inside and when I come out, everything looks different. The second part is sexual. I just sit still, no music on, and think about sexual experiences. The third is intellectual, where I ponder mostly Buddhist ideas.

I usually do one set of it in the morning after waking up or working out, and one at night before sleeping. I haven't done more than one set in a row, but I think I'll try that now.

This actually sounds quite enjoyable. Although I think I do this before I go to bed every night. I listen to ambient music, think about the girl I'm in love with and what philosophy I learned that day.

When I get in a rut I always contemplate nothingness (Alan Watts)

Also, this is a great song for meditation (2:30 is where it gets real good)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is completely random but what vitamins do you guys take?

I just started taking vitamin B12 sublingual (ya know the one that gets absorbed under your tongue, it's more effective apparently) and I notice an immediate difference in my mood. My head/eyes feel less 'cloudy' if that means anything, I;m not zoning out as much.

Cod Liver Oil. It's great for a ton of things but I think I have a similar problem (the not being focused). That could be a lacking of iron. CLO makes me feel less tired and more focused in general.

What a load of wank.

This is completely random but what vitamins do you guys take?

I just started taking vitamin B12 sublingual (ya know the one that gets absorbed under your tongue, it's more effective apparently) and I notice an immediate difference in my mood. My head/eyes feel less 'cloudy' if that means anything, I;m not zoning out as much.

Men's multivitamin and a couple of viamin C tablets every morn and a Berocca if I've been drinking the night before.