New Social Thread

Oh, awesome! I have an edition of Richter's on my bookshelf. Not many people seem to be familiar with it, but I think it's great; really a comprehensive collection of criticism and theory from across the board, ancient to (post)modern.

Terry Eagleton published a somewhat definitive book called Literary Theory: an Introduction that has become somewhat of a staple in graduate programs. If you enjoy some of the later 19th- and 20th-century texts in the Richter, Eagleton's book is a good investment. You can usually find it used and cheap online because so many disillusioned grad students ditch their copies. :cool:

I might have to look into that. I'm enjoying it so far, we just read Jung's essay on the relation of analytical psychology to poetry, that was super interesting. I might actually look more into his works and use that in my thesis somehow. I saw some things that I think I might be able to put in conversation with one of Loren Eisely's texts I read last semester. I don't know what the overall point would be, but I think I might be able to make something of that. I like the way he talked about the unknown, and then that got me thinking of Lovecraft. I don't know haha. I really need to figure out a topic.

George Clinton pulled them off pretty well.

clinton.jpg

I wonder if the title of the Ozric Tentacles song "Iscence" is an alteration of the word "science."

Holy shit, I'd forgotten about this forum. Was just looking for something new to listen to and dug up an old thread... and lo and behold, some familiar names.

Hi Ozz, Kriggles.