New Social Thread

Most definitely. It'd be a nice gathering of drunken metal-fueled revelry, and you could school me on literary theory. Just hit one of us up if you're ever in the area.

I live in Decatur, which is in the center of Illinois, but if you ever get to Chicago I'd be willing to travel up there and drink too, Ein.

Awesome, sounds like a plan! :cool:

I hear Chicago's a pretty expensive place to live. This account came from someone who was raised in California. Confirm/deny?

I only lived there for a year, but I didn't think it was insanely expensive; it's way cheaper than Boston, that's for damn sure.

Housing is a nightmare here. After a couple long days spent looking at 20 different complexes in the part of town I needed to be in, I ended up settling on 100 less square feet than I had in Colorado Springs on a less-than-ideal floor in Federal Heights.

But my employment opportunities up here and the quality of education at Metro State made the move from the Springs worth it. And the music scene here is just tops.

I hear Chicago's a pretty expensive place to live. This account came from someone who was raised in California. Confirm/deny?

Lived in and around Chicago all my life. It's definitely not nearly as bad as the Northeast or West Coast, especially when it comes to housing. Taxes here are pretty high though.

Housing is a nightmare here. After a couple long days spent looking at 20 different complexes in the part of town I needed to be in, I ended up settling on 100 less square feet than I had in Colorado Springs on a less-than-ideal floor in Federal Heights.

But my employment opportunities up here and the quality of education at Metro State made the move from the Springs worth it. And the music scene here is just tops.

I did most of my meth in Federal Heights haha. I know a fuck ton of terrible people in that shit hole. My old drummer lives not far from there too.

You can find some GREAT deals there, despite the majority of places being somewhat pricey. My friend got a bomb-ass 1 BR apartment for 700 in a great part of town. Fuckin sick.

Awesome. I'm definitely considering the push for an internship there. It'd be an awesome opportunity to hang out with my sister and her dude's band The Bill Bondsmen, who play there quite often.

We'll just have to see how my band is doing at the time. Summer is touring season as well as internship season.

Kastigation's vocalist got addicted to heroin and stopped showing up to practice, and his mates responded by kicking him out of the band. Then our rhythm guitarist quit the night of a show, which we played anyway, as a trio, and that was very well received by the crowd.

We were toughing it out as a three piece for a while and started picking up looping techniques and other instruments to keep the music interesting. One mandolin, one saxophone, and one flute later, we ran into an old friend and prolific keys player at a venue that just got bought out last week. Some $20 lines were dropped, she ended up in our band two days after, and we changed our name to Dreadnought.