New Social Thread

Shit, the exegetical I am finishing tonight on Epictetus calls for one quotation at most, but a minimum of twelve inline citations across his entire Discourses for a mere two pages.

Nietzsche is damned quotable.

Nietzsche is way too quotable. I decided to finish conducting my research for my philosophy paper early because I already have 14 quotes to use for a 4-8 page paper that requires 4 additional sources. My topic revolves around On the Genealogy of Morals and its pertinence to Western musical culture since the Renaissance.

Why the hell do you need that many quotes?

ended up hanging out with my friend, her boyfriend, and another friend of mine who i haven't seen in about a year

was nice - other friend is hot as hell gave a nice distraction while the other two were constantly all over each other

I was talking to my friend the other day about this chick he wants to bang. He was asking me how he should approach her about it either physically or verbally. I told him, "Dude, just say you have to go get something in the other room real fast and when you return have your dick hanging out of your pants. See how long it takes her to realize it and how she reacts."

As if it weren't clear enough yet, I was merely joking. I even used the line from Achorman 60% of the time it works all the time. Evidently, my friend didn't get the memo that I was joking soooooo, he did it. And it worked. Now he's thanking me for the idea and thinks it was genius but I don't have the heart (mostly ego) to tell him I was just joking.

Naked-Man-How-Mother_l.jpg

According to HIMYM, the Naked Man works 2 out of 3 times.

Nietzsche is way too quotable. I decided to finish conducting my research for my philosophy paper early because I already have 14 quotes to use for a 4-8 page paper that requires 4 additional sources. My topic revolves around On the Genealogy of Morals and its pertinence to Western musical culture since the Renaissance.
You're in highschool right? It always seem like you have more involved topics than I ever did.

I usually do 2 quotes a paragraph, and two paragraphs a page...

I'll get a couple more.
Every writing guide I have ever read has cautioned against using quotes. I've never written on philosophy, but in my papers I use at the most 1 quote per 3 pages and I've written papers with no quotes at all. Paraphrasing ftw. It allows you to write something smart that you didn't think but in your own style.