New SOILWORK Drum Tracking Video

am i the only one who is hearing massive snare untightness in the begnning of the video!?
actually it sounds like the snare is hit randomly...maybe this is his style...the midi grooves
he made for the metal foundry sound the same:lol:

am i the only one who is hearing massive snare untightness in the begnning of the video!?
actually it sounds like the snare is hit randomly...maybe this is his style...the midi grooves

Nah all I am hearing is a retarded good drummer:headbang:

Is the sound really captured from the camera? If the kick sounds that good from a camera mic, I wonder how wonderful it sounds in the mix (if they'll keep anything of it...)!
Just bought the "Library of the Extreme - Blasts & Fills" by Dirk aswell btw!

It's just a really weird pattern. I don't like it at all, but the rest is just awesome.

I always called that "the hardcore beat."
Dirk and Peter Wildoer are two of the most incredible drummers I've had the privileged to see up close (and repeatedly). Touring with Soilwork and Darkane was a nightly reminder that I should have practiced a lot more.

what, you mean the first two seconds of the vid where he plays the little lead-in snare fill? okey dokey, smokey dopey, there buddy.

there's nothing "random" about that, it's perfectly in time and every drummer who's worth a shit plays snare fills exactly like it. in fact the playing throughout the vid is rock solid.

so yeah.. it's just you.