New SOILWORK Drum Tracking Video

Peter and Dirk married american girls [for some fucking reason] and live in the states now. Bjorn's been considering a move for some time, too... in case anybody was wondering

So this studio is in NC? Wonder why they chose not to do it in, you know, Sweden :D

Asheville is probably my favorite city in NC. It's beautiful and has an interesting culture, along with lots of fun stuff to do (mainly smoking shit tons of weed) :kickass:

Peter and Dirk married american girls [for some fucking reason] and live in the states now. Bjorn's been considering a move for some time, too... in case anybody was wondering
Yeah. Another fun fact on that one is that Peter has no discernible accent any more...it's actually disconcerting when you first meet him.

C'mon he doesn't need to cheat. If you watch the video correctly you can see that he hits every hit but one is hard and one is soft, in fact at the end he hits normally.

The OH's seem Coles ribbon but I'm not sure. Moreover there are 2 pairs of OH's, one per side

He actually doesn't hit every hit... He only hits the high hat with the kick drum, even counting the soft one in between. The guy you quoted is saying he should hit the high hat on every kick hit AND every snare hit (like 95% of the beats on Slaughter of the Soul) but to do that in this video is inhuman, that's like 8th notes at 285bpm.

So yeah, he's "cheating" I guess, but Adrian Erlandsson couldn't play that beat that fast and keep double time on the high hat either.

Sorry, just to any of you questioning the drum beat etc.

The kick and snare are doing the standard blast thing. But the hat is actually doing the offbeat which a kick would do to give it that ka - chunk - ka ka - chunk - ka feel, which I think is pretty damn cool really :)

Sorry, just to any of you questioning the drum beat etc.

The kick and snare are doing the standard blast thing. But the hat is actually doing the offbeat which a kick would do to give it that ka - chunk - ka ka - chunk - ka feel, which I think is pretty damn cool really :)

Dude that is not what's happening AT ALL

Its kick+hat snare kick+hat snare kick+hat snare over and over again.

Hat hits go hard soft hard soft hard soft hard soft

It's a really standard beat, how are you guys fucking this up so much?

Dude that is not what's happening AT ALL

Its kick+hat snare kick+hat snare kick+hat snare over and over again.

Hat hits go hard soft hard soft hard soft hard soft

It's a really standard beat, how are you guys fucking this up so much?

The question is Jeff, how are you fucking me this much?:lol:

This is what he is playing:

screenshot2010020510570.jpg

End of story

I don't get it either. This is the official beat of every basement or squat house show I've ever been to (I bet kyle knows what I'm talking about).
Also, Dirk is incredible. period. There isn't anything to discuss on that topic besides the specific ways in which he is incredible.