New SOILWORK Drum Tracking Video

Nah all I am hearing is a retarded good drummer:headbang:
:lol::cry::lol:
@ K Odell: I don't know why - but that shit made me laugh out loud. I guess because when I read it - I could picture a retarded kid smashing the drum or something.
Yeah - but this cat rawks - and (FWIW) I love the Midi pack he just did for ToonTrack. Very hip, indeed.
:kickass:

OMFG :/

this guy is amazing!!....

I'll just pay to have the oportunity to track some stuff with such a consistent drummer like Lord Verbeuren.......yeahhhhhh!!

I am convinced that any mix containing drums recorded by guys like this should sound just amazing with minimal adjustments......

those quick snare rolls are crazy, but maaaan, I can't stand the sound of that snare. too "popcorn-y" for me, but I'm sure the mix will sound very different. Still don't think I've ever really sat down listened to this band.

this guy is a fuckin' KILLER drummer. i had the great pleasure of seeing them live and it's the same precision with even more intensity. he's on another level. easily one of the best drummers i've ever seen.

Freakin awesome drummer!!! I'm looking forward to this album and Dirk's DVD.

SSB%202010_01_28IMG_1697.jpg

SSB%202010_01_29IMG_1767.jpg

SSB%202010_01_29IMG_1817.jpg

Anyway, many times I see that the pro's tend to ignore the 3:1 tecnique or the "snare in the center of the oh's image", but they prefer to mic the cymbals group independently from the snare.
In the first photo you can see the 2 oh's pointing the 2 cymbals groups and the right one is way more close to the snare.

C'mon he doesn't need to cheat. If you watch the video correctly you can see that he hits every hit but one is hard and one is soft, in fact at the end he hits normally.

The OH's seem Coles ribbon but I'm not sure. Moreover there are 2 pairs of OH's, one per side

But why is he cheating on the fast beats, only hitting the highhat inbetween snares? Adrian Erlandsson would never have done that :)
Those beats are not too fast for any average drummer, so I doubt he can't play them at the same volume. He is hitting the hat in the same note lenght as the snare, just softer on the ones that are hit at the same time the snare is. I don't like the pattern, anyway, I think it only works with snare blast-beats, but maybe the music makes it fit.

I used one of those Coles ribbons on the Civil War Brass Band I recorded (tenor horns, to be exact :D) and it has such a strange "schock mount" system (to position it facing down over something, you dangle it from the mount that attaches to the mic stand with these 3 elastic cords, very odd, but a great sounding mic IME!) Interesting that there are no cymbals set up in the center (only on either side), is that common practice for single-kick drum recording and I just never realized? (or maybe Dirk just prefers having them set up that way playing-wise) So this studio is in NC? Wonder why they chose not to do it in, you know, Sweden :D