NEW SONG *01_-_the_termination_proclamation [ worst song ever from nevermore ]

[MY_OPINION]

Best songs on the album are And the Maiden Spoke, Emptiness Unobstructed, and She Comes in Colors.

[/MY_OPINION]

with your username, i would have expected you to say "42147" or "Tianenman Man"

Nope, not sure on my order of best to worst, but as a whole POE is up there

You have not lived long enough to grasp the epicness of that song.

?? Guess not

TROLL

Who Decides is one of my favorite songs by anyone.

/puts on EoR

Yeah, what I decided to do was join a message board and sit for 7 and a half years only to pull out my distaste and then retraction for a particular song judged on personal subjective preferences. My least favourite song is the hurting words.

I haven't heard anything from the new album yet. I'm waiting 'til I can get home from the CD store, slide in the CD and listen to it in its entirety.

Depends on what you like from nevermore it could be hit or miss... I'm REALLY into it and can't wait to buy. Not like anything else, most will hate it, but it's a new nevermore cd. Favourite songs have rotated between obsidian conspiracy, and the maiden spoke, without morals...

I like The Termination Proclamation. It is a bit different, a 3-minute song to start the album. It has interesting elements and the guitar parts are really good. I am enjoying the album.

Well anything Nevermore made that was an attempt at an album focus track was usually sub par in comparison to the rest of said album. If I had to choose anything, I'd say Matricide, and only because it was way too power metal even for power metal standards. The lyrics were good, though.

[/my opinion]
I'd hardly call anything Nevermore ever did 'power metal', or even related.
I like 'Matricide'(and those riffs are anything but power metal).
[/my opinion]

Verses were fine. Chorus was power metal. Solo was fine. Chorus was power metal.

i actually love Termination Proclamation. it's one of the strongest tracks on the album imo. yeah, it's short, but it's got a hell of a hook and it's as catchy as anything they've put out. catchiness isn't bad when it's a byproduct of strong songwriting.

the only track on The Obsidian Conspiracy i can't get into is Moonrise and even that's not bad enough to call Nevermore's "worst song ever."

Bought it today, listened to it twice.

Termination proclamation is cool.

And the Maiden Spoke is my personal favorite on the album, and maybe will become my favorite NM track ever. I've loved Fault of the Flesh a long, long time though, so, check back with me in 10 years I guess.

The Obsidian Conspiracy rocks.

The rest of the album bugs me. There's some riff-recycling going on in this album...for example, the tail section of one of the parts of the solos sounds like it came straight from TGE (really obviously, it actually jarred my listening experience)...When Moonrise started I thought they had actually redone Narcosynthesis or the bridge from TGE (take your pick)...a couple of other sections really reminded me of specific parts of other songs. This album seems to me like a cross (sort of) between Politics and DHIADW, which are actually my two least favorite NM albums. I prefer Nevermore when there is someone else there to put a different spin on the songwriting process, like Steve Smyth on TGE or Tim Calvert on DNB. Plus, there seems to be some leftover Warrel Dane/Jeff Loomis solo album ideas/themes going on in this album which didn't do this album any favors.

I really like the Enemies of Reality album, and I much prefer the Kelly Gray version over the Andy Sneap version, and I think Dreaming Neon Black is one of the greatest albums ever, slightly above TGE, so I think my tastes probably run a lot different NM-wise than many of the people on this board.

I am glad, however, that they didn't just do TGE-2. They at least tried to differentiate this album from their others, and that had to be tough to do. I actually like a lot of the ideas going on in the album (a lot of the songs go off in odd directions and I really enjoy that sort of thing) and I'm sure with some repeated listens I'll get past some of the riff-recycling. These are just my first impressions.

I still think its among the better tracks on a fine album. Weakest track for sure is "The Day You Built The Wall". Rest of the tracks range from awesome to plain good.

Hmmm.....TDYBTW has one of my favorite parts on the whole cd when Warrel sings "Blame the world or blame yourself or just accept what cannot change". Not only does the vocal sound cool, it is a great bit of sage advice.....

And the Maiden Spoke is my personal favorite on the album

yeha its the best but its not mental.....only nevermore's drumming makes it more metal than athemema