NEW SONG *01_-_the_termination_proclamation [ worst song ever from nevermore ]

to express myself in accordance to what was being discussed earlier in the thread...

I think What Tomorrow Knows and Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday fuckin' rip. They always have. Great riffs...solid choruses, and bring variety to the nevermore catalog. Something alot of "true" old school thrash bands don't do while playing the same fuckin boring weak heavy metal riffs fast and generic and fuckin' a waste of time. Death metal made that sound better and heavier so long ago. Nevermore were always awesome for playing heavier riffs as the music rather than playing the same "classic" dead shit boring the shit out of all of us.

I think the fact that people either love this song or think it sucks mean we did something right....and the point of this forum is for exactly what this thread is discussing.... possible suckage or possible brilliance...I however cannot be objective so it's entertaining for me anyway..haha
Exactly. After all, a good song provokes a response, whether positive or negative. The only bad response you can get is no response at all.

Well, unless the whole world says you suck, that's even worse, probably.

I think the fact that people either love this song or think it sucks mean we did something right....and the point of this forum is for exactly what this thread is discussing.... possible suckage or possible brilliance...I however cannot be objective so it's entertaining for me anyway..haha

Hm... thats and interesting spin. Metallica should have said it in regards to St Anger. Hehe. Just kidding ;)

I rather enjoy The Termination Proclamation. Of what I've heard, I think it's my favorite so far. Then again, I smell like a nursing home.

I like St. Anger...

Actually, that is the only Metallica album I find listenable

That's funny.

I knew one dude that loved St. Anger, and he was a metal producer. His reasoning made sense, too.

Since it was such a high budget, high expectation record, and they had access to all the latest and greatest technology and still did it half assed, cut & pasted and terribly recorded, he saw it as a giant 'fuck you' to the digital music paradigm.

I think the record is awful and unlistenable, but if you think of it as a big middle finger to digital technology and fidelity, then it might just be the most punk-rock thing Metallica ever did.

I was actually serious, believe it or not... I'm not that much of a fan of Metallica at all, so I can't explain why I like St. Anger. Notice also that I said "like" and not love. It's not something I would listen to on daily basis.

I think I heard that metallica once were supposed to play something from Load on MTV on some live broadcast. Instead, they went nstage, did Misfits covers (or maybe So What?) and thrashed the stage. If that was actually NOT planned by some marketing guy at MTV, THAT must be the most punk-rock thing they did.

That's funny.

I knew one dude that loved St. Anger, and he was a metal producer. His reasoning made sense, too.

Since it was such a high budget, high expectation record, and they had access to all the latest and greatest technology and still did it half assed, cut & pasted and terribly recorded, he saw it as a giant 'fuck you' to the digital music paradigm.

I think the record is awful and unlistenable, but if you think of it as a big middle finger to digital technology and fidelity, then it might just be the most punk-rock thing Metallica ever did.

I don't think that was their intent. Sure, they wanted to make a statement by ditching solos, becoming faux-hard again, keeping it raw etc. But this record relied waaaaay to much on digital technology to be statement against it. St. Anger was copy-pasted together in Pro Tools, if anything, they embraced that technology too much.

I really don't think that argument is valid. If they tried to give a big fuck you to the digital domain, they would have gone back to recording this to tape etc.

St.Anger was a pseudo-rebellious move and they failed hard.

And at that point in their career they didn't have much to lose anyway (and the record proved it by still selling ridiculously).

Including "Fade To Black", a ballad, back then, starting to shoot videos contrary to all statements, releasing two alternative records, being documented as pussies etc. were much bigger "punk rock moves" IMHO.

the SIRIUS Liquid Metal channel just played Termination Proclamation !!!! First time I heard any of the new stuff on there, I hope they get behind them and help push TOC

after like, a week of listening and listening, i CANT STOP LISTENING TO THIS ALBUM. No! i didnt download it, youtube, please. but jesus heavyset christ this album is amazing. i am buying this one twice.

EDIT: not st.anger

I haven't heard Enemies of Reality, but of their other albums it's probably Timothy Leary.

EDIT: Woops, I didn't see the second page and didn't realize that this thread went beyond worst-song-naming.