New song by me

i think you sound like the lead singer of placebo a little bit. The drums are good, don't really hear any kind of katatonia in there, but its still good, its its own thing, nice atmospheric interludes

Cool! Thanks for listening.

I'm glad to hear it doesn't sound like Katatonia.
This song's chorus especially was inspired by Wait Outside (the live version).
"Soft" verses vs. "hard" chorus is pretty much as far as that inspiration is obvious I guess

I'm not too fond of Higher's Harmony at times, because it makes the vocal sound off a bit. But the drums are awesome! The idea is good, maybe polishing it a bit will make this a brighter gem. ;)

My Child sounds better. A bit too Pop-ish for this board, but a good song nonetheless. Also, the music sounds so luminous that it's ironic that the video was filmed in the night. :p

I'm not too fond of Higher's Harmony at times, because it makes the vocal sound off a bit. But the drums are awesome! The idea is good, maybe polishing it a bit will make this a brighter gem. ;)

My Child sounds better. A bit too Pop-ish for this board, but a good song nonetheless. Also, the music sounds so luminous that it's ironic that the video was filmed in the night. :p

Thanks for the feedback man.

What you say about the harmonies in Higher, do you mean performance-wise or that I should rewrite them? Could you be a bit more specific about what parts and such, so I can find out what you mean

Good song Vincent, I can totally hear Katatonia inspiration. Nice beginning, the drums sound really good, flows with the music, nice fills. The beginning vocal melodies are good but maybe you can diversify them at some point it kinda sounded like the same vocal melodies over and over again. The chorus is really good, nice heart breaking lead guitar melodies you got there, the vocal melodies of chorus are well written as well, but maybe you can improve your performance somehow. You have a beautiful voice but I think in time you will learn how to use it better. For the part where everything fades (around 1:50) you could put some synths maybe which would give a lot to the song I guess. Also the shift to guitar solo is not ultra slick so synths might help you do the shift easier. All in all, good job, I like it, keep going on!

Thanks for the feedback man.

What you say about the harmonies in Higher, do you mean performance-wise or that I should rewrite them? Could you be a bit more specific about what parts and such, so I can find out what you mean

Rewrite them to better fit the melody. Without getting too technical, some of the chorus notes aren't supposed to be in those chords because they clash with it.

Once I finish the project at work, I'll try to explain myself better.

Thanks for all the remarks about that song guys. Much appreciated.

I've got a new song, about which I'm quite a bit more happy than I was about 'Higher'. Where I kind of had to drag myself through the whole writing, recording and mixing process in the end this project went very smooth and swift.

The song is called Giving Form and is to be found at:

http://vincentj.bandcamp.com/

PLease let me know what you think