new to metal need some guidance

Sabotage, SBS and H&H are all significantly better than Vol. 4. So is Mob Rules. Skipping Vol. 4 and coming back to it later was a very good rec. Too much filler and down time.

I think that this is one of your many really bad opinions that I've seen, but you should keep doing you.

Reactions: The Butt
Sabotage, SBS and H&H are all significantly better than Vol. 4. So is Mob Rules. Skipping Vol. 4 and coming back to it later was a very good rec. Too much filler and down time.
Yeah, like FX. What the hell was the point of that track?

@Elric of Melniboné I'm not saying that Vol. 4 is bad, by an means. I just think that Sabotage, Heaven and Hell, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath are better than it.

You're the one who got triggered because someone didn't like your favorite album :cry: Don't worry, there are plenty of other sheep here who will help you create a safe space.

How does liking an album that is far from the most popular Black Sabbath album make me a sheep? Some of the albums that you listed are more widely regarded and have higher sales certifications. Please explain.

How does liking an album that is far from the most popular Black Sabbath album make me a sheep? Some of the albums that you listed are more widely regarded and have higher sales certifications. Please explain.

It's ranked #21 of all metal albums on RYM. It's not some underground gem you're championing.

As far as the albums I recommended, I aimed to pick albums by balancing my personal taste with general consensus, so that Alabaraa could get exposed to some of the most well regarded and influential metal records. Naturally, that method is gonna lead to some (deservedly) well-regarded albums. However, the albums I listed aren't necessarily my favorites from said bands. Fox example, if I were choosing based solely on my own taste, I would have picked ...and Justice for All and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Motorhead wouldn't have an album in my top 100 metal albums.

Yeah, like FX. What the hell was the point of that track?

@Elric of Melniboné I'm not saying that Vol. 4 is bad, by an means. I just think that Sabotage, Heaven and Hell, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath are better than it.

Exactly. Most the songs are in the 7/10 range, with the soft songs being lower and the opener and closer being the only real highlights.

Carcass - Heartwork
Satyricon - Volcano
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
In Flames - Reroute to Remain
Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
Pantera - Cowboys from Hell

That's the path I took. Take it as you will.

Reactions: EternalMetal
i don't really get why the filler on VOL. 4 (and FX is the only real filler anyway) gets so much attention but people ignore, say, 'rat salad' or the last couple songs on the s/t or w/e. if we're just talking about the proper songs it's a candidate for their most consistently excellent record if you ask me. not that i have much common ground with someone who thinks e.g. 'snowblind' is a 7/10 or less, so whatever.

also i'd take 'changes' over 'planet caravan' or 'solitude' anyday tbh. i get why that's controversial though lol

i don't really get why the filler on VOL. 4 (and FX is the only real filler anyway) gets so much attention but people ignore, say, 'rat salad' or the last couple songs on the s/t or w/e. if we're just talking about the proper songs it's a candidate for their most consistently excellent record if you ask me. not that i have much common ground with someone who thinks e.g. 'snowblind' is a 7/10 or less, so whatever.

also i'd take 'changes' over 'planet caravan' or 'solitude' anyday tbh. i get why that's controversial though lol

63293741.jpg

*Insert totally diversionary post here that doesn't explain at all how liking Vol. 4 the most makes you a sheep here.*

Reactions: The Butt