new varg interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2002
http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/interviewsframe.php?intid=170

Can people expect you to release any more music after you are released?

Probably. The future albums, if I ever record anything, will as far as I can tell sound much like the old albums, whether I like it or not, because I am incapable of making music that doesn't sound rather "burzumic". :) I fear it might not be too original or different from old Burzum, as I wanted it to be, but I guess there are people who think that is just fine too. And on the other hand it is not very surprising that I still make music that sounds much like my own music...

Wow that was actually good, I can see Varg has matured over the past few years, I have to agree with nearly everything he said there.

Also good to see one of the older BM bands returning to the scene, lets just hope he pulls out something worth listening to.

I can't say I'm awfully excited about hearing new Burzum after all these years. I think he'd to better to stick to his writing... but I won't say no to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss II.

Décadent said:
I can't say I'm awfully excited about hearing new Burzum after all these years. I think he'd to better to stick to his writing... but I won't say no to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss II.
You mean Filosofem II.

The Filosofem ("Philosofem") album: this album contains the first real Burzum track, titled Dunkelheit on the album (but the real title of the track is Burzum. Dunkelheit is just the German translation of Burzum), that I originally wanted to include on the Hvis Lyset tar oss album (but the recording was very poor, so I didn't use it). I changed the name to Burzum from Uruk-Hai when I made this song (I think in August 1991). The album is a bit weird, and far from perfect, but it is okay. Unfortunately (?), this is the album that sounds the most like the new Burzum music.

I thought some of the questions were a little repetitive and rehashed things he has been badgered with in the past.

Anyway, although there are a number of things I don't share his views on, it was still an interesting read. He does present himself as being fairly balanced and complacent, despite his situation and radical views on certain issues, which I also find interesting.

I'd certainly be interested in hearing another piece of BM from the guy after all this time, particularly as he seems more intelligent than he used to be.

OMG NEW BURZUM AND METAL, OMG LOL!!!!

Wow, this guy is a dick. Annoyingly condescending, full of shit. This interview definitely shows that he hasn't changed - at least he's consistent.

I basically agree with Jean-Pierre's assessment. A month from now he could just as easily say that he's cancelled Burzum forever. Wait till an actual album hits shelves.

10293847 said:
I basically agree with Jean-Pierre's assessment. A month from now he could just as easily say that he's cancelled Burzum forever. Wait till an actual album hits shelves.
Jean-Pierre said:
This interview definitely shows that he hasn't changed - at least he's consistent.
Way to make sense, faghat

The guy's always been clearly intelligent, just not real experienced in giving interviews. I'm sure if you took the posts on this board by any one of us and formatted them as an interview, there'd be all the "contradictions" and "nonsense" that some of the future tire changers of America in metal seem to whinge about.

"Way to make sense, faghat"

I'll take this as sarcasm, so could you please explain how I did not make sense?

infoterror said:
The guy's always been clearly intelligent, just not real experienced in giving interviews. I'm sure if you took the posts on this board by any one of us and formatted them as an interview, there'd be all the "contradictions" and "nonsense" that some of the future tire changers of America in metal seem to whinge about.
intelligent but in my opinion misinformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.