New Wave of American Glam Metal

Pretty cool. I probably wouldn't buy the album, but it's really well done for what it is. Put some boobs on that bass player and...... well I'll just stop there. Ha ha ha ^___^

Bryant

I like the New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal.

White Wizzard
Cauldron
Holy Grail(especially)

Off topic, but since you opened the door:

Icarus Witch
Night Demon
Axxion
Striker
Air Raid
High Spirits
Enforcer

and a bit different from the pure traditional style

Benedictum
A Sound Of Thunder
Crystal Viper
Death Penalty
Death Dealer
Final Stage
Stimulans
Hellcats
Natur
Neuronspoiler
Sister Sin
Taberah
Wolf

Off topic, but since you opened the door:

Icarus Witch
Night Demon
Axxion
Striker
Air Raid
High Spirits
Enforcer

and a bit different from the pure traditional style

Benedictum
A Sound Of Thunder
Crystal Viper
Death Penalty
Death Dealer
Final Stage
Stimulans
Hellcats
Natur
Neuronspoiler
Sister Sin
Taberah
Wolf

Not the biggest fan of Enforcer or Striker, heard of Icarus Witch, but never listened too them.

Ill have to give the rest of the bands a listen.

Not the biggest fan of Enforcer or Striker, heard of Icarus Witch, but never listened too them.

Ill have to give the rest of the bands a listen.

Try Tad Morose. Modus Vivendi, Matters of the Dark and Undead. That isn't "new" metal, mind you. I think MV (which is the latest) was released in 2005, but it is some of the best metal I can think of that is both modern and classic at the same time. Awesome stuff !!

Try Tad Morose. Modus Vivendi, Matters of the Dark and Undead. That isn't "new" metal, mind you.

Tad Morose is more power. He looks for the traditional sound very represented by bands that play at Keep It True.

Said that, those three TM albums are really good.

Does this fit with what everyone considers Glam? Is glam used to describe the look of the band or their sound? I consider myself a fan of 80's glam/hair metal but wouldn't put this under the glam banner (although that's not to say I don't like it) classification is a mine field... however I do consider the first two Skid Row albums glam/hair metal which is a controversial opinion.

however I do consider the first two Skid Row albums glam/hair metal which is a controversial opinion.

The first one can be considered glam, Good music one of the best "glam" albums of the 80's era. The second is pure heavy metal album. Songs like The threat/ Monkey Business or Living on a chain gang have nothing to do with glam metal. Still their second album is their best work and one of the best metal albums of all time.

PS: Sorry but this band have nothing to do with glam metal also. They suck in my opinion, sorry :p

(although that's not to say I don't like it) classification is a mine field... however I do consider the first two Skid Row albums glam/hair metal which is a controversial opinion.

The first one can be considered glam, Good music one of the best "glam" albums of the 80's era. The second is pure heavy metal album.

I agree with MD that classification is a minefield (and totally subjective). I don't like glam/hair/sleaze metal at all, but I do like the first three Skid Row albums, specially since I don't consider them part of the sub genre (I consider GNR more into it than them :Spin:) at all.

Even if Bon Jovi help them with the starting push as a band I think SR never went into the Poison and company wagon, and this is completely demonstrated with their third album (which is the one I like the least btw).

Songs like 'Piece Of Me', 'Youth Gone Wild', 'Slave To The Grind', 'Riot Act', 'Bonehead', 'Medicine Jar' are nothing, and I mean nothing at all like anything Poison, Cinderella, Bullet Boys, Ratt, etc. could ever wrote.

Try Tad Morose. Modus Vivendi, Matters of the Dark and Undead. That isn't "new" metal, mind you. I think MV (which is the latest) was released in 2005, but it is some of the best metal I can think of that is both modern and classic at the same time. Awesome stuff !!

Yes, Awesome stuff..........

NP Darkology - Fated To Burn

I agree with MD that classification is a minefield (and totally subjective). I don't like glam/hair/sleaze metal at all, but I do like the first three Skid Row albums, specially since I don't consider them part of the sub genre (I consider GNR more into it than them :Spin:) at all.

Even if Bon Jovi help them with the starting push as a band I think SR never went into the Poison and company wagon, and this is completely demonstrated with their third album (which is the one I like the least btw).

Songs like 'Piece Of Me', 'Youth Gone Wild', 'Slave To The Grind', 'Riot Act', 'Bonehead', 'Medicine Jar' are nothing, and I mean nothing at all like anything Poison, Cinderella, Bullet Boys, Ratt, etc. could ever wrote.

Well Skid Row sounds nothing like Slave to the grind. You can see that the band had influence from 80's glam (I hate to call it that) scene on their first album. Slave to the grind was pure heavy metal with songs like the threat going to thrashy side. Can't comment on the third one, havn't listened to it in a LONG time.

Also, do you seriously put Ratt & Cinderella on the same waggon with Poison?! I mean, Cinderella might have released a cheesy glam album as their debut album, but after that they proved that they can make quality music. Long cold winter and Hearbreak station are awesome blues influenced albums. Same goes for Ratt. Their first two albums never sounded like the rest of the bands that spawned after '86. Yes Dancing undercover went too pop, but Out of the Cellar and Invasion of your privacy were quality albums in my opinion.

Well Skid Row sounds nothing like Slave to the grind.

But not that different either. I mean is not like "Master Of Puppets" against anything after AJFA, or "High'N'Dry" against "Hysteria" and subsequent crap.

Also, do you seriously put Ratt & Cinderella on the same waggon with Poison?!

Most definitively any given day (twice on holidays :devil:).

Out of the Cellar and Invasion of your privacy were quality albums in my opinion.

And I will respect your opinion, but will not share it.

Digging this one up, with a slight alteration, they aren't American! I think they're Finnish?

I have been listening to a bunch of quality Melodic Hard rock lately (bands like Eclipse) and after hearing about a particular band so much, I finally checked them out.

Santa Cruz. The first thought I had was, this is the new post-80s glam/hair band. The 2 guitarists (one being the lead singer) shred like crazy too. Check em out:

Shredding:

Older:

Newer stuff:

Last edited: