New XBOX One

Okay, so you're speaking on behalf of the entire forum? Who elected you the representative of the forum?

well, the generation gap is poking at us, the dude mentioned he's 16 or something, which makes him being born the same year as quake 1 was released.... that puts it into perspective.

I had my greatest gaming experiences with 10 polygons moving around on a matte background. Getting old is such a whacky process

I definitely agree most newer games that have incredibly rich landscapes, awesome voiceovers, brilliant graphics etc etc are pretty stupid and easy, most of them feel more like a movie than an actual game. I think the biggest difference was jumping to Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 on PS to X on PS2, it was so dissapointing to see one of my favorite games ever was now a movie where all you had to do was follow the arrow and push some buttons.

This Xbox sucks. I'm buying a used PS3 and sticking with the tons of awesome PS, PS2 and PS3 games there are.

This Xbox sucks. I'm buying a used PS3 and sticking with the tons of awesome PS, PS2 and PS3 games there are.
Ps3 doesn't support older games though. Well I'm not sure about ps one games but atleast the ps2 games are not supported. Only i you manage to get one of the first editions of Ps3, you can play some ps2 games on it.. Not all but some.

well, the generation gap is poking at us, the dude mentioned he's 16 or something, which makes him being born the same year as quake 1 was released.... that puts it into perspective.

I had my greatest gaming experiences with 10 polygons moving around on a matte background. Getting old is such a whacky process

Oh look another ignorant fuck thinking my age means anything? And i'm 17.

Oh look another ignorant fuck thinking my age means anything? And i'm 17.

It does mean you have a different perspective, in the late 90s games concentrated more heavily on plot driven design and the development gameplay mechanics; you'll have missed most of that in favour of the last decade of graphical enhancement and linear design.

Your age does mean something. Teenagers in general are idiots just like I was and everyone I've ever met. I'll give you this much, there are exceptions. Don't take it personally.

Anyways, that highlight video really brought the lol's. I agree this system sucks.

I don't really get the all in one approach...all I'd use the console for would be playing concole games. Wouldn't want to put runtime on an XBox just for listening to music or watching TV :)lol: that video).
The looks are fine imo. It's a slim box, so it fits in the shelf.

I read an article lately, about how soon sony and microsoft are wanting to ban the used marked.
From what I understood, they both don't want to introduce it to this generation of consoles yet.
But lots of developers and game studios are going down one of these shitty routes anyway more and more (online pass, always online, account binding etc...), so my guess is that with the generation after this one, they'll integrate it to the console, cause people got used to it anway.

I'll wait and see how this develops, cause I refuse to pay a shitload of cash for a game that I can't play on my console, when my internet is down for some reason, or that I have to bind to any kind of account.
Fuck that.
Just makes no sense to me.

So overall, meh, not stoked at all, neither PS4 nor XB One

Ps3 doesn't support older games though. Well I'm not sure about ps one games but atleast the ps2 games are not supported. Only i you manage to get one of the first editions of Ps3, you can play some ps2 games on it.. Not all but some.

Ah well that sucks donkey balls, I'm so out of the loop on consoles. I always thought it was awesome that you could play PS games on a PS2. Fuck it, I might as well just buy a PS2 (mine is in Venezuela), there's a cool used game shop near my work.

TBH I don't even see the reason of Sony and Microsoft upgrading already, what the fuck is wrong with the PS3? There's absolutely nothing they can do to it that would make it "better", only worse... I saw the controllers for the PS4 and was severely upset, they looked like XBOX controllers, which I find horribly uncomfortable.

what??????
Those two piles of shit: xbox360 and ps3 is the reason why we the pc gamers get shitty games because of really old hardware those consoles are made of.
I'm off to play on pc. I gave up with my xbox360, I had fun 2 years ago when I bought it, now it's taking dust, my pc is shining and the indie games are so awesome compared to those very few new IP's made in these two years.
BTW PS4 seems more interesting, but I'll wait for more gameplays.

CONSOLE GAMING IS BOOOOORIIIIINNGGG lol

Xbox = Shit IMO. PS3 is what I have because I like the system, I like the controllers, and have no problem with it. If I could afford a high quality gaming PC I would definitely have one. This guy my family knows could build me one at way lower cost than a market one, and probably better too.

CONSOLE GAMING IS BOOOOORIIIIINNGGG lol

Not really, it depends on your preferences. I enjoy plot and character driven action & adventure games and the consoles have a lot more of those than PCs. The majority of PC games are Strategy, FPS, MMO/RPG, Sports etc. However, I love the PC Point n Click adventure games like the Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Diablo and Runaway series.

DanLights: I've been out of touch with the console gaming as well. I've just played a handful of PS3 games and that too on my brother-in-law's console, I didn't bother with the PS3. I still find PS2 and it's library of games a lot more interesting and fun than what PS3 has to offer. For example, I found God Of War 3 boring and didn't even bother finishing it. The graphics were stunning but that's about it. Compared to GoW and, my favorite of the series, GoW 2... it's lacking. Uncharted: 'Drake's Fortune' was great but they made it complicated with 'Among Thieves' and that put me off enough to not even bother with 'Drake's Deception'.

I'm thinking about getting a PS2 as well. I still have my collection of PS2 games and it's enough to get started.

Not really, it depends on your preferences. I enjoy plot and character driven action & adventure games and the consoles have a lot more of those than PCs. The majority of PC games are Strategy, FPS, MMO/RPG, Sports etc. However, I love the PC Point n Click adventure games like the Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Diablo and Runaway series.

Monkey Island being on the Xbox Live game store is one of the greatest things in history. I LOVE those games.

I still don't understand why Xbox is more popular than Play Stations honestly, it makes no fucking sense.

Honestly I think it comes down to the games available for the Xbox. I have a PS3 and I hate it because the majority of the games I want for it are only available on Xbox. Also Xbox's network is a lot better IMO.

The PS3 does have better graphics. Atleast to me they seem better. But what good are great graphics when I cant get many games I like.

Would definitely take Xbox 360 over PS3.