New Years Resolutions 2011

guru ..just stop smokin...make up your mind and do it...it´s all in the head (i´ve smoked for more than 10+ years)
i haven´t smoked in almost 2 years now and haven´t had any cig since then not even when drunk...

resolution: get a job...been trying for some time, but it ain´t happening...

I'm don't believe in NYR because whenver I've done those they didnt last long :p
But I'll try to continue what I've done over the last few weeks
Go to gym more often
quite smoking (currently reduced to 3-5 cigs a day)
finish my bands album (has to be done within the next 2-3 weeks anyway lol)
MOAR production work
& hopefully end of 2011: get a Diezel Herbert

Given my past, every day I get is a gift and every year a miracle personally. As for resolutions, I'm not real big on them, but I really would like to spend more time making music and less time thinking about it. I find myself doing far to much "planning to do" and much less "actually doing" this second half of the 2010 and I really want to get over this lack of creativity I've felt as of late. I'm hoping that by throwing myself at it with a very open mind I can get some of my muse flowing.

Given my past, every day I get is a gift and every year a miracle personally.

Despite my knowledge of your past, nobody should need such circumstances to jolt them into feeling that way, it's a shame the majority of people do.

We exist, we are alive in this moment, in this place, in this time, experiencing whatever we are experiencing. What are tha chances? What are the chances everything happened in the specific way that resulted in us all coming into existence? Too small to comprehend, yet we're here. That's enough reason for me to feel like every day is a celebration.

LIFE IS GOOD, ETC. \m/ ^_^

Going to try to cut down, if not quit, cigarettes and beer. The past year may have been my worst with my addictive habits. Too much money blown, nothing to show for it except wheezing, headaches, and hangovers.

Going to try to cut down, if not quit, cigarettes and beer. The past year may have been my worst with my addictive habits. Too much money blown, nothing to show for it except wheezing, headaches, and hangovers.

This too.

Except I have said the same thing for years now.

Each year it's getting worse. Fuck it, I don't wanna die just yet.

Finish university, get a job, earn money to go back to Manhattan.

Wishes: win a couple of millions on the lottery and leave this country for good.

To all the Sneapsters deciding to quit smoking I recommend this:

allencarrlarge.gif

Helped me to quit after 15 years. :)

My resolution is to find a job.

Despite my knowledge of your past, nobody should need such circumstances to jolt them into feeling that way, it's a shame the majority of people do.

LIFE IS GOOD, ETC. m/ ^_^

In a way we are in agreement and I guess I'm trying to say the same thing as you - it's not the fact it's New Years that makes me feel grateful for each day, it's how I feel each and every day as there was a time in 2004 when I was convinced I would not live to see my next birthday, let alone 6 more of them and counting.

My New Years jolt is the artificial boost to get me to start doing and stop thinking about music, I just listed the other as sort of getting everyday living out of the way since I try to do that each and every day. Lately, well longer than lately, I do a whole lot of creative thinking about music, but very little actual creation. It's been so bad the past month and a half (even with my brand new amp), I have not picked up my guitar despite thinking about playing daily. So - my resolution is to play not think.

I got up this morning and walked into my office/studio space and plugged in and proceeded to play "Auld Lang Syne" on my guitar loud enough to wake up my wife and the dogs - I did, I did not think :) Now to do it every day.

Find a place to relocate, whether it be here or abroad.
Make every effort to push some of my bands through and work on some a-list records.
Find a better way to balance social life with work.
Raise rates again?